1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*****ing Florida: Michael Dunn convicted of attempted murder; jury can't decide on murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Trying to kill black kids NOT OK . . . But Killing blacks kids is ok. So if you shooting at black kids make sure you kill them." - Florida Jury

http://www.cnn.com/?refresh=1http:/...florida-loud-music-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Rocket River

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Makes zero sense. Until you hear what state it happened in.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

sounds a lot like texxx's logic.

"Need more evidence."

2 people like this.
  4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Everybody knows, the more guns you have in the hands of adult white males, the safer the community is!

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the problem seems to be the incompetence of Angela Corey

6. what

what Member

When you kill somebody and then after the fact say, "oh, well, I felt threatened."

I really think that the courts are going to have to start figuring out what can and cannot stand for being threatened beyond the skin color and loud music defense.

Handing these cases to juries who're obviously ill-equipped to parse the correct verdict because the protocol is so murky is going to end up bad.

It's clear that race bias plays a major part in rendering decisions also. I mean does anybody really think that a jury trail is fair these days? ****, most states have clearly bias mindsets, it's ingrained in them.

I know if i ever have a jury trial in Texas, I'm gonna fry because all I'll get is a bunch of good ole boys and girls with the same backwards mentality.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They were deadlocked on first degree murder. Did they have an option for a lesser murder charge?

8. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

This crap makes me sick. Minorities should evacuate Florida immediately.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

That's what jury selection is for. To filter out as much biased jurors.

But what is the alternative? The jury system is integral for the American court system.

Anyway it looks like he will be in prison for a very very long time, probably the rest of his life. And they'll likely convict him on 2nd degree murder charge (atleast) so chill out peoples. :rolleyes:

10. what

what Member

Ready to have mind blown?

Computer Jury.

The facts are that a jury behind closed doors is and can be about everything BUT the facts of the trial: intimidation/compromise.

People are assholes, plain and simple. I'd rather have a computer decide my fate than a jury of my "peers." There is no such thing.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol... what a slippery slope.

What else? Computers will vote for us as well?

Next thing we'll complain about is that the computers are rigged (biased).

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So correct me if I'm wrong but it's a mistrial because members of the jury couldn't agree, not that he wasn't guilty of murder, but rather if it was 1st or 2nd. If so, then that's on the prosecution.

Personally, I would've voted for second degree.

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Can a lawyer explain this to me...

How can you be convicted of attempted murder, if the victim DIES? I don't see how that is even possible, how is it even a charge on the table? I have not followed this case at all, all I know is the basics, did I miss something here or are was the jury on bath salts?

14. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

You're more likely to be killed by someone of your own race than the inverse...but hey dont let facts get in the way of your fake outrage. !!!

lulz

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

If you're willing to give a computer the power of life and death over you... what wouldn't you give to let a computer decide?

16. Houston24

Houston24 Member

It's not because they are white males, it is because they are idiots. Every race has unintelligent people.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The whole jury system is a joke, makes no sense to have people without any clue or qualification play a huge part in trials. USA and UK should overhaul their legal system in that regard.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I agree. i never understood why People think this is a good system. It is a terrible system

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Attempted was probably for the other kids who were in the car.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dude, have you heard of Skynet? That's how it all starts.