1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Building new PC] Need Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yonkers, Jul 15, 2014.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

getting a bigger SSD was something i was considering. i'll be using a wired, but i want a wifi connector just for practical reasons.

i use trend micro as my anti-virus. i'll also be getting microsoft office for when i work at home.

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'm looking to build a new PC for casual gaming (typically DOTA, PUBG, Starcraft, Diablo) and general use. I've built two, but it's been well over a decade and I've forgotten a lot. I'm planning on going with the Intel 8700 CPU. So, few questions:

1. I'd like something a bit more compact, so I'm thinking about a micro-ATX mobo. I understand one of the main differences is a lack of PCI slots... but for my general use, I don't need multiple slots, do I?

2. If I can go with the micro ATX, any thoughts of these motherboards? I'm going between MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC and ASUS STRIX Z370-G Gaming, solely on the basis that they have USB 3.1 Gen 2. Also, while I do have a USB wifi receiver, having one integrated would be nice.

I think that's it for now. Appreciate the thoughts.