1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Not Make Fun Of Ty Lawson's Drinking Problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 19, 2015.

1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

An alcoholic can also be a person that can't drink without binge drinking. I've had friends that can hold out all week. But once Friday night rolls around, they start drinking and don't stop until Monday morning.

To me, alcoholism is also the person whose personality changes once they get a few drinks into them. This is obviously the less severe version but it can be self destructive and dangerous.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Honestly I think his baggage is all hype. I dont think he has an issue. I expect no problems with him on our team.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can someone confirm that whether he has a drinking problem or a drink-and-drive problem?

These are two different issues.

4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

I asked the same thing.
    Probably the latter since an alcoholic habit would really affect his ability to play well.

He is probably a hard partier and a dumbass for getting behind the wheel.

5. Remii

Remii Member

I'm sure the Rockets will provide him with a 24 hour car service.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i wrote comedy for tv shows. i'm not easily offended by jokes. however, although its possible to make fun of ANYTHING, some topics are best left to the pros. clever is funny, obnoxious isn't. what i was reading wasn't clever or funny (from the opinion of someone who was paid to be both). bill maher and his team carefully craft jokes about sensitive topics to make sure its taken the right way. you are right that you can joke about anything, and its a great way to criticize, but there's a reason bill gets paid what he does... because most people can't do it properly.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Lawson being an alcoholic is a separate issue with him drinking and driving. He got caught, hence the two DUIs. While these are related they are not the same things.

Simple solution: Don't drive to the drink.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will drink one on that, Bottoms up... j/k

10. Sino rocketfan

That reminds me that Emmanuel Mudiay , the future franchise player of Nuggets , complained about his Chinese teammates in CBA even got drunk before their games.....

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Carlisle's look towards Gentry when McHale spoke about Green :grin:

LOL, did McHale open up too many sachets of condiments in the green room?, ie too much sauce.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Post above was meant for this thread

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=267845