1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

I'm sorry, but Johnny Flynn...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, Dec 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Houston288South

Is HORRIBLE! :(

NM

2. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I'm sorry,

but you can put this in the Game thread

IBTL

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Well, he is our 3rd string pg.. behind Dragic.. what did you expect? Honestly. Dont blame him. Lock this thread up :)

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

K...........

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm sorry,

but delete thread, ban user

6. monster

monster Member

Agree with OP. Johnny Flynn is useless, unless you want to dribble out the clock.

7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Love how everyone thinks they need to lock a thread if they don't like it. If you doing like it, don't read it.

8. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

no need to make a new thread

9. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

The guy is TERRIBLE. Why did we trade for this guy again:confused:

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

get rid of brad miller and draft donuts

11. Houston288South

Maybe I shouldn't have made this new Thread about Johnny Flynn, but I'm speaking in general. This applies more than just this ONE game, so I felt it shouldn't go in the "game thread". This board is about expressing options about our Rockets, not to ban our users. :)

12. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

This is ridiculous. I hate people starting this kind of posts when Rockets are losing. Johnny wasn't even on the floor when we lost the points.

13. Houston288South

No, I didn't start this thread because we were losing. The talk is starting because we're finally able to have the opportunity to see him play. I wasn't going to start this thread about Flynn during the Lockout in September. Quite frankly, I'm still puzzled why this trade was made to acquire Flynn.

14. valorita

valorita Member

Jonny sucks regardless of the score.

15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

The trade was to get donatas motiejuenas and get rid of brad miller. It still works out anyways, if the guy doesn't play well, don't play him unless it's a blowout and don't pick up his team option this year.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lets take a closer look at this. He scored more than two of our starters. Only Lowry had more assists. Except for shooting too many long distance shots and missing on a couple of defensive issues, he did alright.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We were all expecting knee-jerk threads anyways.

18. Houston288South

I'll support our team regardless, so I'll find something POSITIVE about having him here

19. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

great point.

20. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

With consistent minutes, he could put up good fools gold numbers on a bad team. Good point guards dictate the pace of the game, Jonny only knows one speed, and I don't know if he can effectively work within our offense. The only way I could see him contributing with his skill set and mindset is either for spots where we are getting absolutely nothing in the half court and need a little instant offense, or nights like tonight where the result is what it is and Kyle needs to sit. A lot of talent though for sure, but man.. Frustrating to watch.