1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

toronto raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fba34, Nov 4, 2005.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

man if they aren't the suck! i am so glad we traded mike james for rafer alston. they seem like they have absolutely no offensive sets!

everyone seems to be trying to drive, hesitate, and shoot a fadeaway or a three pointer! sam mitchell is just plain terrible and the toronto commentators kept praising sam mitchell as being the perfect coach for their young guys. maybe its because in hockey x and o's arent as important as keeping your team motivated, but thats not going to do much in basketball sam. i guarantee there's going to be another player thats going to go off on sam mitchell, if that team has any players left with any heart and desire to win.

chris bosh is being ignored, mike james keep putting up ridiculous shots, jalen rose keep hogging the ball, all their big guys are outside waiting for open 3 point shots, no one's trying to get the offensive boards.

and i get to watch most of their games cos i'm in canada. woot!

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sam Mitchell is terrible. He has a huge ego but I am not sure exactly why. I would be in a lot of pain, if I was a raptors fan.

3. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Sam Mitchell is just terrible. Therefore he belongs as the Raptors coach.

4. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

one thing i noticed from tonights stats from their game...mike james took more shots than chris bosh....i'm glad we got rid of him now. give the damn ball to your best player. bosh played nearly 40 minutes and got up 10 f'ing shots...what the hell are these raptors PG's thinking? he's one of the best young players in the league and mike james and jose caldron are taking his shot attempts???? what a mess.

5. Kurupt the Kingpin

Mike James has no business being a starting PG for any team. I don't know how much of a rift there really was between Rafer and Sam Mitchell, but they would be much better off with Alston running that team.

6. fba34

that 'rift' was entirely on sam mitchell. he publicly criticizes his players to the media, he berates them out in the open under the guise of being 'tough' on them. rafer alston's part in the mess was crying (literally) to the cameras and asking raptors gm for a trade.
    all that crap and i've yet to see a real, offensive game set. chris bosh is just being left out there in the game without any sort of ball rotation trying to get him the ball in the post.

their game is someone getting the ball out in the 3pt line and hope said player can either
    a) drive and make an awkward shot (ala mike james if he's not already shooting that 3 pointer)
    b) shoot a fadeaway shot or 3 pointer.

after last year's mess, you'd think they'd make even a tiny bit of improvement. everything stays the same if not worse. i mean they were playing against the nets. not some defensive team like the pistons or the spurs.

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

What about Orlando? They're 0-3. Is it all on Weisbrod?

8. fba34

i dont know about orlando. i didnt watch almost all their games last year like i did with the raptors.

by the way, this isnt just based on the 2 games they played. this is based from last year and the fact that they might have gotten worse than before.