1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

nba radio Howard to knicks rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 29, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listening to this in my car. listening to this in my car. 3 Way trade with pelicans Knicks and rockets.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

tinman is legit people

trade coming

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

ITS HAPPENING

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

porzingis baby!!!!!

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Details. Link?

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The proposal would have the Houston Rockets receiving Omer Asik and Ryan Anderson from the New Orleans Pelicans. They would also get Derrick Williams and Jose Calderon from the New York Knicks in the deal.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Sirius xm nba radio 86

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I was listening to the same thing just now tinman. Posted it in Clutches thread about Howard

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

What else would the Rockets be sending out in this proposal. Guessing Tjones would be a part of it

12. j3i

j3i Member

Pelicans would be getting all the picks and cash considerations in this deal to even consider it. It's really bad for them.

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

What radio station?

I bet it was Mike Francessa.

14. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Rapaport faints.

15. jogo

jogo Member

That deal is dogshet. I wouldn't trade Dwight for trash. Rumor.....

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I did my research and found the "rumor" hadn't been tied to a single league source. It was conjecture, speculation with the ESPN Trade Machine to back it up. The contracts added up, but the logic was far off.

Here's why:

The "proposed deal" sends Robin Lopez and Kyle O'Quinn to the Pelicans, and Derrick Williams and Jose Calderon to the Rockets in exchange for Dwight Howard and Luke Babbitt. On just the surface, the trade eliminates the depth New York established in the off-season. The Knicks lose its starting point guard for no guard in return and disrupt a chemistry the team has established with a mid-season trade for a big ego player (Howard). With only a combined three years of NBA experience between them, neither Langston Galloway nor Jerian Grant have shown the consistency to start at the point.

New York adds an end-of-his-prime Howard who has been rumored to have grumbled about touches and and play calls in Houston. The Triangle, which the Knicks have reliably run this season, thrives on the selflessness of the team. Adding Howard will do more good than bad -- at best, he will do equal damage to both his opponent and his own team.

Dwight Howard is in the second-to-last season of a four-year, $87.6 million contract. He's scheduled to make $22.3 million this year and $23.3 million next season. Howard also negotiated a 15 percent trade kicker, making his contract harder to take and even harder to deal. Adding another massive contract would limit New York's cap flexibility even with next season's rising salary cap .

If New York does make a trade, it won't be for a center. The Knicks invested in Robin Lopez with a four-year, $52 million contract. A league source also said New York's front office is looking into acquiring a "young, scoring guard or shooter." Luke Babbitt can shoot, but he's solely a shooter and a liability defensively.

The "proposed deal" sends New York's 2016 and 2018 first-round picks to Houston. The Knicks don't own its 2016 first-rounder. As part of the Carmelo Anthony trade, Denver reserves the right to swap its own first-rounder with New York's in the 2016 NBA Draft. The less favorable of those two pick, or the one Denver decides not to take, goes to Toronto as part of the Andrea Bargnani trade. The Knicks do own its 2018 first-rounder, but it could be a steep price to pay for the 30-year-old Howard, whose current averages of 12.6 points, 11.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game are on pace for the worst season since his 2004-05 rookie campaign.

New York shoots a league-leading 81.1 percent from the free throw line as a team. Adding Howard, who shoots six free throws a game at a hair over 50 percent this season, would drop the Knicks to a cool eighteenth place in the NBA.

The "proposed deal" sends Rockets guard K.J. McDaniels to New Orleans, when it's New York that would benefit from his services the most. McDaniels is a young, athletic and offensively sound scorer, who hasn't quite found his footing in Houston's rotation. He fits the bill for the "young, scoring guard or shooter" New York's front office is said to be looking for.

http://nyknicks.about.com/od/Features-and-Editorial-Content/fl/New-York-Knicks-Trade-Rumors-Dwight-Howard-to-Knicks-makes-no-sense.htm

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's The NBA Talk segment -- "Hear the best basketball talk every afternoon on NBA Today with Justin Termine and Eddie Johnson."

Such a trade has roots in fan websites for over a week now. I think they were probably just talking. Did they mention "sources?" No one has, yet.

Without anything new, this so-called proposed trade has been brought up in other threads. Don't think this is thread worthy, without more news.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I trust my nba radio brother!

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

All my research on this confirms your statement, as well. There is no one saying they have a source about this. It's just a Random Trade speculation type post, because it works via the Trade Machine. That is all.