1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sorry guys but I have to.

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out:

[​IMG]

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't think Trump is undangerous, given historical precedent of narcissistic proto-fascists. I'm somewhat sympathetic to the Andrew Sullivan fears going back to Plato's views on democracy.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Ted Cruz was simply more sophisticated and veiled in what he said.... he used rhetoric to inflame people..... his famous "A vast majority of violent criminals are Democrats" is every bit as "dog whistle" as anything that Trump has said..... he is hinting at economics, race, etc.

He has tweeted before things such as "Obama's spending is out of control, does a black man know how to budget?"

He has a number of other purposely divisive quotes over the last few years. I don't think that he is in anyway better than Trump.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even though I think Cruz is the more dangerous of the Republican candidates, I'm still kinda disappointed he's lost. And, I think it's because despite how much I disagree with his values and beliefs, I have a lot of respect for his tenacity, intelligence, and work ethic. That he got beat by a buffoon shooting from the hip is a sorry way to go out.

And, it's a shame because after lamenting how Republicans couldn't show respect for their president in the Obama years, I think I can likewise show no respect for the president if Trump wins. Is this what it felt like when Obama won? From reading Mojo, it sounds like it, though that seems so weird to me. If Cruz became president, I could respect him even while I hated him. But, I literally believe Trump is dumber than me. How do you respect someone like that?

But, I think it's for the best I guess. Because I think Cruz had a chance at winning in the general, and I don't think Trump will -- though you never know what might happen. This way, we're pretty likely to see Clinton end up as the president and we can dodge those other 2 bullets. I really don't like Clinton and probably won't even vote for her, but it's pretty clear that I'm going to prefer her crooked administration to whatever atrocity Trump would offer.

5. B-Bob

Okay, and I acknowledge that. I hear you. Thinly veiled, yes.

But his supporters weren't openly gut-punching people. To me, there is a visceral difference, but we'll see how this general election goes. Ugh.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can't respect Cruz's desire to destroy the government and rebuild it in his own vision by any means necessary.

It wasn't that he lacked knowledge, it was that he knew enough to be dangerous but not enough to contain the damage. I bet he relished the ensuing damage upon other people.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It really is interesting regarding respect for the office. If you're inclined to think along partisan lines, you'll look for any reason to disrespect the person currently there. But, it's hard for me to think that somebody could look at Barack Obama and think "That guy is stupid." Disagree with him or not, he comes across as intelligent and has the academic pedigree to back that up. The same goes for Ted Cruz; I disagree with almost everything he ran on, but the man is clearly intelligent. You don't clerk for the chief justice of the Supreme Court if you're dumb.

When Donald Trump opens his mouth, it sounds like a child fumbling for any answer that sticks. He is so clearly inarticulate and buffoonish. I don't understand people who think he is anything other than a carnival barker. It's almost as if his supporters should be strapped into a Clockwork Orange machine and be forced to watch John Oliver's Trump segment on repeat.

You say Hillary's administration could be "corrupt." The idea of a Trump administration is positively terrifying. Would he appoint former Apprentice winners to cabinet positions? Would Ivanka Trump be our next Secretary of State?

The government matters and the people voting for this snake oil salesman have no respect for, or idea of, how a country is actually run. Trump hasn't said a single sentence that indicates he understands governance. These are truly uncharted waters.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Rolfmao we can only wish he would.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the past 13 months we built a movement. Make no mistake, that movement will continue: <a href="https://t.co/ZEb9WhGRSe">https://t.co/ZEb9WhGRSe</a> <a href="https://t.co/o0ZSkCLy4X">pic.twitter.com/o0ZSkCLy4X</a></p>&mdash; Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) <a href="https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/728332395531796481">May 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol

10. B-Bob

Well, now I get it: When Cruz Makes His Movement, Watch Out.

Also, eww.

11. Nook

Nook Member

What "movement"?

He never articulated any new philosophy or coherent platform. He jumped and grabbed the evangelicals that were being abandoned by the other candidates because they alienated other voters (Republicans included) and were not a big enough voting bloc to win the nomination.

Is his movement "hey I can't beat the Republican voters first choice, but I can try to weasel into the nomination"?

The more I look at the Cruz campaign and strategic decision made by Cruz, the less I am impressed. He consistently didn't read the voting public. He was out foxed by a political neophyte and it was obvious he boxed himself in as a splinter candidate.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

A bowel movement maybe.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I believe he has been reading this thread. Mojoman deserves some type of compensation.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Can't be dropping nuke disses like that breh. At least ask the rest of us to clear out.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cruz is only 5'8"? Makes sense as short guys are often belligerent politicians, but I didn't know.

16. TheresTheDagger

So THIS was the move MojoMan was talking about....

17. CometsWin

Ted Cruz's big move to be continued. Four more years! Four more years!

[​IMG]

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can we please get a moderate republican that is not some wack job creationist? The Republican party is on life support they catered so long to the Southern bubba vote that they have been over run by these idiots.

They need a new Reagan stat before they die out and the wig party makes a comeback.

The party of Lincoln is near dead.

DD

1 person likes this.
  19. CometsWin

Republicans had one in Kasich and they weren't even the least bit interested. Kasich would win this election easily.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It's pretty remarkable, actually. Since Trump got into the race, I don't think Jeb, Kasich, Christie, Fiorina, and Graham ever combined for more than 20% or so in any of the polls I saw.