1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] As Rockets set to take on Thunder, James Harden must rediscover his mojo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Great article. Didn't realize Harden's numbers dropped that drastically. Hopefully he can pick it up a notch in the playoffs.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i really doubt we will win 2 games. i'd say 50/50 chance we win 1 :X

4. keez857

keez857 Member

I really hope our coaching staff doesn't run Harden into the ground. I'd be really happy if the Rockets could win just 2 this series.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Playoffs - time for Harden (and the rest of the guys) to take off the diapers and put on their big boy pants. :p

6. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Great article Clutch. Crazy to see Harden's numbers but im sure the man is very motivated for this series

7. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Good read, I do agree unfortunately.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really like our young guys for their mature makeups. There is a chance they can utilize there here and make it interesting. It comes down to tonight for us. IMO we need to win this game to have a shot.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Harden has proven enough over the past 2 years that he is a bonafide superstar. But he is still 23 years old, and has a ton of learning and growing to do. That is what is exciting. Also, this team is still not complete. It is the youngest and least experienced playoffs team, and has plenty of growing to do as well. We are also still missing the 2nd star that we are likely to use our cap space on.

Whether or not Harden performs up to par in the next 4, 5 or 6 games does not change any of that. And I believe our future is still bright regardless.

The Thunder are a championship caliber team, who will have the luxury of keying in on Harden, a player they know far too well. Even Kevin Durant in his first playoff series shot 35% from the field and 28% from 3. I know this isn't Harden's first, but it is the first for him as the top option. I wouldn't take too much away from it if he struggles.

10. dmoneybangbang

Quite frankly Harden's play this year was unexpected in a great way. At this point, I think his body is just giving out.

The way I see it, we were just playing with house money this season. We didn't really know what to expect and now we are in playoffs. I fully expect Harden to be a no limit soldier after this next offseason now that he knows he's the man and train for it.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Prediction: Heart seeks Rockets in 6. Mind says OKC in 5. I’ll compromise at Thunder in 6.

This pretty much sums up my feelings/thoughts on the series!

I think that OKC is so good that it's not hard to see a sweep. However, we are also a team that when we get hot, we are so hard to stop. I also think our defense has gotten A LOT better on some of our games towards the end of the season and believe we have the personnel.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nice read. What ever else happens we need a good series from the Rockets.

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

No doubt about it, Harden's about to get the biggest test of his young career. I thought he handled the pressure to perform beautifully for most of the season, but lately he's looked rather beat up and bedraggled. Hopefully he's resting up, taking therapy every day, and focusing on how he's going to humiliate Sam Presti in OKC.

I agree with Cxbby that a less-than-spectacular performance from Harden this series won't be the end of the world. He's largely carried the team past expectations already, and it couldn't be any harder to surpass expectations for this series. Either way, it will be a major learning experience for him and everyone else on the team.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If we win a single game against the Thunder in the playoffs I'll be thrilled. Even if we get swept, I'm still super pleased with the way this season went and how much potential our team has going forward.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I didnt realize Thabo Sefolosha was doing so well

16. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Even if we played the right way, we could still be swept. But as I bought two home game tickets, I really hope they can steal one.

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Harden had a good season as the#1 option. However, he's still gotta prove he's a superstar caliber player. This series will give us a indicator. I just hope we hold him accountable and stop making excuses when he plays selfish. That's on him not Mchale

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

thank you! Sorry for the impatience earlier as I know I was bugging you about what you thought about all of this.

Spot on...the thing I'm most worried about is Harden. If he plays life Francis it is safe to say he is useless to this team.

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Hope the slump doesn't continue. We're only going as far as Harden takes us. He's downplayed it, but he acknowledged the injury from the GSW game was still bothering him when he took those 2 games off a few weeks ago. Hope these few days of rest(not really much rest I guess with all the practicing) helped him.

20. GageD

GageD Member

This is a big series for Harden but I worry he pressure too much since it is his old squad.