1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 1st round] San Antonio vs. L.A. Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2013.

Tags:
?

(2) San Antonio vs. (7) L.A. Lakers

1. Spurs in 4

31.5%
  2. Spurs in 5

36.5%
  3. Spurs in 6

18.7%
  4. Spurs in 7

5.4%
  5. Lakers in 4

2.0%
  6. Lakers in 5

0.5%
  7. Lakers in 6

3.0%
  8. Lakers in 7

2.5%
  1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Says the Lakers fan. Really?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL you might be legit mentally r****ded if you find the Rockets future more "LOL" worthy than the Lakers...

Seek help while you can bro...

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Prediction for the Spurs to rest their starters by the start of the 4th quarter for games 3 and 4 are actually gonna be true...:)...this series was done without Kobe...and for the idiotic Laker fans that think they can win without Kobe...trolllollllllll...Hoping the Spurs puts this team out of their misery...and Howard just leaves that mess...;0

5. clippy

clippy Member

I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades. The teams have always been just as effective or even better when he sat out. He has all the talent and work ethic in the world but because he's an egomaniac that would prefer to take horrible shots than give his teammates good ones, it means naught.

I know people will say, yeah, but the Spurs are doing great against the Lakers now, but 1) they would have done the same with Kobe (there's nothing in this season that says the Lakers were a good team with Kobe), 2) so far we've only seen two Spurs home games they were expected to win, and 3) the Lakers keep getting more injuries (now Nash, Blake, and Meeks) so it's becoming harder to field a fair comparison, and 4) GreatOne1978 is a huge knob.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just stop...that's just not true...

I respect you if you wanna say he's overrated. I respect you if you wanna say he's very overrated. But please don't expect to be taken seriously after saying Kobe Bryant "has never positively impacted his team". That's just untrue.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

kinda hard to be overrated after looking at his career resume...and his knack for being a winner...he promised a postseason for the Lakers, and single handedly helped them make that promise...and that was with a healthy Dwight and Pau...

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This, however, is spot on.

9. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

LOL @ Lakers future :grin:

10. Awesome

Awesome Member

This was in a chain email from all lakers fans having a convo after they got the playoff spot

Basically they were on my email saying WCF. Although I said nothing at all, do you really believe im not going to put up some LeBron troll faces when this one is over?

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont understand how you dont understand the impact Kobe has on the offense...Sure he is a liability when he goes off on tangents and shoots the ball out...but if this is the way Howard and Pau played with Kobe healthy, This is a totally different series...The key wouldve been the bench play...Right now the LA bench is worse than the products seen on the worst D League team..they dont have one..and they are all old...

If anything the Lakers shouldve found a way to incorporate the best asset of this team, and that is low post play... Instead they had DAntoni just completely ruin Pau during the first half of the season...Now, they are actually playing inside out...and have no rhythm no shooter...nothing...and have to rely on a broken down Nash and ailing Blake to carry em...The Lakers are done bc the parts around Kobe, Pau and Dwight were pathetic...not because Kobe was a negative impact on the team...think about the games down the stretch that was folded with Kobe single handedly carrying this team into the playoffs...and it took a miraculous effort to beat the GSW, Spurs, and the Rockets down the stretch...of course with help from the guys in white/black...

Listen i despise the Lakers and love this total and epic failure, but I clearly can see that Kobe was so vital for this team to even have an impact in the postseason...without Kobe, teams can just crash hard in the paint, bc there is no one else they can respect on this team...

12. Awesome

Awesome Member

Kobe has a positive impact, but its not like 30 million dollars a year positive though, he takes the most contested shots in the league by a long shot, and he doesn't play a lick of defense.

Yes he does put some pressure on the other teams defense in spurts, but he has as many games where he's shot his team out of games as well.

At best this team was an 8th seed to an out of the playoff picture squad, Kobe or no Kobe. These are a bunch of pieces that just don't fit, and the Lakers will be strung up by this guy until he retires, which is sad that they'll eventually be catering to an old dude instead of moving on.

13. hibye

hibye Member

Kobe is set to make $30 Million next season.
    Duncan is set to make $10 Million next season.

Not hard to see the difference between these two superstars. Duncan is truly remarkable.

The Lakers and Kobe got what was coming to them. Nobody feels sorry for that franchise. They have been playing with a stacked deck for a long time now.

14. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Lakers who????

Are they that one team that is getting old? Is it that one team that will lose Howard to the Rockets? Just Saying....

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can anyone here find a more idiotic statement ever posted on Clutchfans?

As much as I despise him, Kobe is a 5-time NBA champion and was an essential element of championship.

And you expect to be taken seriously.

1 person likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clippy with Kobe is essentially Skip Bayless with Lebron, but to an even larger degree

17. supdudes

supdudes Member

Skip actually admits to somethings and gives LeBron credit where credit is due. I get that Clippy thinks Kobe's game is fundamentally wrong, but geezus man, at least to have the decency to bow out when he has great games (i.e vs. Tor, GS, Raptors), and more importantly not trash the guy when he ISNT EVEN PLAYING.

18. clippy

clippy Member

Those games weren't great at all. Maybe you thought so because he put up big stats, but the fact is that it was his chucking that put them into a horrible position in the first place. You just have to watch how the Lakers play when Kobe is dominating the ball-- it may produce some highlights and spectacular shots but it is what gets them in the hole in the first place. This is why the team does well when he sits despite taking his 30 ppg with him.

Yes, they have lost two in a row @SA but does anyone really think they would have won those games if Kobe had played, given what we've seen this year? Seriously?

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I've *never* defended Kobe or the Lakers at all on here but c'mon man. Dude won 5 championships. How many championships would the Lakers have won without Kobe? 10? 12?

Spurs have looked pretty bad honestly and they have still handily beaten LA twice in a row. Who knows how the games would have went with Kobe in there, but he certainly would have given them a better shot to win. Lakers are straight up awful.

20. supdudes

supdudes Member

At Portland. 47 Pts, 8 Reb, 5 Ast, 3 Stl, 4 Blk. Played all 48 min. MVP chants in the Rose Garden.

At Toronto. 41 Pts, 6 Reb, 12 Ast, 2 Stl. All from a guy who DOESN'T get to bring the ball up every damn trip . Played all but four minutes.

Then wtf is a great game? Don't know what your definition of great is, but I'd say you're on the wrong side of the majority here.