1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[10th ANNIVERSARY] Tracy McGrady: 13 points in 35 seconds 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 9, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, even with the ref scandal, we made it to a game 7.

You can't rig a 40 point beat down.

Everything about McGrady's tenure as a Rocket is 10% accomplishments, 90% excuses.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

When Mcgrady had an off night we automatically lost. When Mcgrady had a sick game we still almost lost.

Harden was pretty much off the entire playoffs and his team dragged him to the Western Conference Finals.

His best year he averaged 27.2 pts 7.5 assists 5.7 rebouds on 43% shooting with 4.5 turnovers. Ant his doesn't factor in the amount of pts JJ Redick likes to light him up for. Or any other player you name.

Tmac averaged 31.7 pts 4.7 assists 6.7 rebounds shooting 45% with 3.7 turnovers while guarding Dirk.

If TMAC played like Harden we wouldn't be talking about first round exits we would be talking about how come the Rockets got swept ever year.

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Your hate for TMAC is unreal.
    Did he bang your mom? Maybe your wife?

He is what he is. One of the most talented players to ever play for the Rockets, but could never live up to the hype. Not sure what he did to make you hate him so much.

He quit on the Rockets when he was Hurt.

Harden's just quits on the Rockets cuz he's lazy and he got paid. 2016-2017 is gonna be a disaster. Hopefully we can get the number 1 pick in the draft and have some hope.

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Lol tmac didn't do it, Jerry Lin and yi did

5. tinman

Supporting Member

So you were happy that we lost by 40 points to Dallas?
    What about when we lost a game 7 to Utah at Home?

It's not like we are talking about the tenure of Moses Malone or Hakeem Olajuwon here.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden is our best player and that's why he gets all the blame and all the glory.

But for TMAC, stupid McGrady fans make up the TMAC Rule, It's not on him

This is why they are stupid McGrady fans

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I did enjoy this awesome performance, and I know McGrady didn't have good support baring Yao for years. However, I never felt McGrady could lead us deep into the playoffs, because he didn't work hard enough to become a consistent force.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Of course I wasn't happy, but that's not gonna make me hate him for trying. If I remember in game 7 when we lost by 40 he still scored 40, so its not like he gave up. He did not win as much as we wanted but why do you have to come in and troll on a thread reminiscing about the good times!

When both their careers are over, I'll remember 13 in 35 more than anything Harden will ever accomplish as a Rocket.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden has already accomplished more than winning one regular season game in dramatic fashion.

You mean you are trying not to remember that Tmac never led the Rockets anywhere while Harden ALREADY led the Rockets to the Conference Finals.

Let's face it, without Harden, the good record and high seed would never happen.

It's not like I like Harden, it's that I do recognize what he did.

Barkley did more than Tmac.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

- That series went to game 7. The "rigged game" was based off the testament of a corrupt ref. I don't believe there was any actual evidence where they actually affected who won the game.

- If he was injured, he should have sat until completely healthy. One of the biggest reasons people disliked T-Mac was how he handled his injuries during his tenure as a Rockets. You remember how he screamed to everyone willing to listen how he was completely healed up and the Rox were holding him back for insurance reasons?

- Have you ever seen the Dream. He would have found a way to elevate his game against that Jazz team which was a poor man's version of Malone and Stockton who we almost beat with a ****** Barkley that didn't even jump to contest Stockton's final three.

- He should have informed the proper parties of his decision to get micro fracture surgery, the same surgery he had to look around to find a doctor to suggest he do, because he didn't want to play through the pain.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I find this incredibly sad personally.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Too lazy to finish pos

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Like JR he is a bot. Not the nicest one to boot. :p

14. tinman

Supporting Member

You hit the nail dude,

basically the TOFs and their rat cousins, LOFs and other player only fans who joined here to spruce up their favorite player NEVER SAW THE STANDARD.

So they believe what they saw was the best.

Basically they are North Koreans and the rest of the pure Rockets fans are living it up in River Oaks or Memorial.

Dream was the best ever, so we see someone who was significantly inferior on and off the court like Tmac, we have to say it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l4jXh--N35w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#274 tinman, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You can count only one player ever who's done 13 in 35. At least Tmac stands alone in something.

Hardens records all have to do with turnovers.

I agree it's sad. Shows you the state of the Rockets currently. If the top 10 players in the league except Harden all got hurt I still wouldn't bet on the Rockets to win it .

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So essentially, the haters hate T-Mac because he wasn't as good as the Dream. Guess they have to hate Harden, yao, and every other Rockets player then.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

They are hating history and attempting to justify failure by what if scenarios and excuses.

Then they are throwing shade on Harden.

They hate the Rockets

18. val_modus

val_modus Member

- You cant be serious... Lets start with the Finley out of bounds steal, the Yao DOMINANT 34 points on 13/14 shooting that led to him getting abused by the refs with foul trouble the rest of the series. Not just that, I believe Donaughy refereed a game or two of the series himself.

- Not sure what you are saying. The trainers were well aware he was injured, but he himself chose to play through it to give his team a playoff chance.

-You're right, James Harden is so soft. I mean Dream would have found a way to elevate his game over the Warriors in the playoffs this year.

Once again, these arguments lack any context, and are only fueled by this TMAC FAILED PERIOD mindset. Nobody is saying that he didn't have his faults. Nobody is denying that he mismanaged his last year with the organization. Nobody is saying he was the best in terms of taking care of his body.

My argument is that the organization, bad luck, bad matchups, and other factors played MORE heavily into the TMac-Yao era being a failure than the play and leadership of TMac himself.

19. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He squandered it when he came to training camp out of shape every year.

He squandered it because JVG and Adelman and Morey asked him to be the leader of the team but he declined. Yet in the media after a first round playoff exit he cried his alligator tears saying "it's on me."

He squandered it every year he was not the best player in the NBA because he had that high of a potential. He was awesome... There were rumors that the year after Shaq left LA that the Lakers was offering Kobe for TMac (Dr. buss was mad at Kobe for something he said in the media) and we didn't pull the trigger because TMac's value was equal to Kobe's at the time. That's crazy to think of now. BUT he was that valuable. I loved TMac when we got him and believed in his talents completely. Unfortunately, he was weak but what made it unpalatable was when he blamed everyone else and mentioned that he could have won more had he had "better" teammates. He was supposed to be great and settled then blamed everyone else.

Sure, Boozer punked Yao in the playoffs but, in my opinion replace Harden with TMAC and we would have won those series.

#279 bumbum09, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Thank you for the fantastic and truthful post.

You are a superior poster