1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Juan Manuel Marquez

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by bladeage, Sep 6, 2009.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2009.
  1. Mayweather by KO/TKO

20.0%
  2. Mayweather by decision

55.6%
  3. Marquez by KO/TKO

13.3%
  4. Marquez by decision

11.1%
  1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

So the fight is going down September 19th. My prediction is Mayweather by TKO due to bad cuts and the constant barrage of punches he will be landing. Or a UD by Mayweather.

Only way I see Marquez winning is by a lucky uppercut landing sometime in the late round and knocking down our out Mayweather. A knockdown for Marquez could really turn the fight around. Even if he is losing up until that point.

I honestly wasn't giving JMM much of a chance until I saw tonight's episode of 24/7. Any man who can drink his own urine, without gagging or even blinking is one bad ass mother****er. If I was Floyd, I would be scared ****less after seeing that.

Here is a nice little animated gif of him drinking his piss.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, your thoughts on the fight?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Marquez is very tough - I expect Mayweather to win by decision.

3. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

could'nt he mixed his piss in a nice smoothie or something????at least add some ice manuel....

4. Dei

Dei Member

The what? This is now a piss drinking thread.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

pay per view??

6. what

what Member

It will either be Mayweather by Decision or Marquez by a Knockout. Marquez will not win if it goes to decision. So the question is, is it more likely to go to a decision or a knockout. I am not sure that Marquez can knock Mayweather out, but I am throughly convinced that he can out box Mayweather. My vote is Mayweather by a controversal decision.

7. bladeage

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buddy. Nobody can outbox Mayweather. Nobody.

I agree though, in order to win Marquez must knock him out. That is the only way, no way he can outbox him.

8. bladeage

If JMM doesn't win, he could always retire and join the Jackass crew. Him and Steve-O would be drinking and eating some of the sickest stuff known to man.

And this should be his ring entrance song...
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="424" height="373" id="videovatPlayer" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.videovat.com/videoPlayer.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="flashvars" value="videoId=883" /><param name="allowFullscreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.videovat.com/videoPlayer.swf" quality="high" wmode="transparent" flashvars="videoId=883" width="424" height="373" name="videovatPlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed></object>

#8 bladeage, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  9. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Mayweather is going to beat the piss out of Marquez for 8 rounds, who will then promptly drink it and find his second wind to KO Mayweather in the 11th.

1 person likes this.
  10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Both are counter puncher's, but I see Marquez being the agressor for the whole 10 rounds, ending by a tko for a victory. Marquez in 10.

11. bladeage

lmao +1

The scariest part of watching him drink his piss was the subtle smirk at the end, followed by a victorious fist pump. He is the new Mike Tyson in terms of weirdness.

12. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I think Lyoto Machida drinks his piss too

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why no "DRAW" on the poll? FAIL. :p

With as much money as these two draw Vegas and the rest of the boxing world (PPV, promoters, etc.), I would expect someone's going to be mad about the fight and get a REMATCH later.

I think Marquez decision. :eek:

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

wait..I thought drinking your own urine was normal? :confused:

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I've actually heard that this fight is doing poorly on ticket sales. The Pac-Cotto fight is already almost sold out, while this fight has only sold around 7,000 tickets. So much for Floyd and his "I don't fight people that don't draw" theory. He turned down Cotto for that very reason and now Cotto's next fight is drawing more than Floyd, with a little help from Manny ofcourse.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Mayweather and JMM are both counter punchers. This will be a boring fight. I doubt there will be a ko.

17. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

I didn't know Scola ran Homeless Youth programs.

18. what

what Member

That's cause Marquez has zero star power. By the way, Marquez is not JUST a counter puncher, he just prefers to be one, he has more than enough ability to be the aggressor. The knock on Marquez is that he does just enough to win.

The Marquez-pac fights were legendary, BECAUSE Marquez stood toe to toe with pac. In a word, if this fight it boring, it will be because of Mayweather most of all.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've been watching 24/7 and it has gotten me interested enough to order this fight. I think they are fairly evenly matched and I do think that Floyd could lose this one. My prediction is Pretty Boy by decision. I don't see him knocking out JMM. I really hope Floyd wins. Him against Pac is the fight that everyone wants to see. It needs to happen.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

it's funny, a couple days before last nights episode a buddy of mine was telling me that he thought Marquez' portion was too boring on the show.

is 24/7 possibly the best show on TV?