1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Live 09 Demo(XBox Live Marketplace)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LouisianaRocket, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. LouisianaRocket

Just wanted to give ya'll the heads up that NBA Live 09 Demo is available for downloading. Have no clue if it is on PS3 yet.

2. JD2010

JD2010 Member

GEAUX 2K8!

3. LouisianaRocket

2k sports better learn how to make a football game, because it can no longer compete with Live :cool:

4. JD2010

JD2010 Member

We'll see when the 2k9 demo comes out.
    Oh and it's not out on PS3 yet.

5. LouisianaRocket

dude, NBA Live 09 was voted best sports game at E3.... 2k sports is done for when it comes to basketball games. I have both, and 2k8 was never all that good. Only reason people like it is because you can cheat with the playbooks. NBA Live is back and better than ever. I like both, but 2k8 could never touch Live on graphics or gameplay, 2k8 was WAYYYYY to robotic.

6. TracyMcCrazyeye

LOL...

7. LouisianaRocket

my bad, it was nominated as best sports game. UFC took home the title. But still was voted as best basketball game.... and they said NBA Live 09 compared to 2k9 was like night and day. They all said hands down that NBA Live out classes 2k9 in every aspect.

I'll be getting both, but NBA Live 09 with online Team Play and Dynamic DNA and NBA rewind is just going to smoke 2k9, it's not even going to be a contest.

8. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Can you say that with a straight face!? It took me 1 half of Live for me to put it down. Live is straight garbage.

Cheat with playbooks!? Sounds more like people are actually running effective half-court sets.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

'umm EA owns them both, that's why NBA live 09 kicked so much butt, they stole from 2k.

10. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

haha that made me laugh...

"Hey...what are you doing? Is that a high pick-n-roll? You cheating b*stard!!"

In my experience, I rate gameplay over anything else, the only year that Live had better game play than 2K was Live 2005. Every other year, its the less realistic game out of the two.

The only reason Live gets more hype is because 1) Its EA and 2) most people that play nba video games don't actually want realistic play, they want a run and gun style of play without defense.

11. Chief Rocka

Chief Rocka Rookie

OMG, This is soooooo bad......

I would much, much rather play 2K5 or 2K6......

I'm actually kind of suprised at how garbage this game is this year, with all the hype and everything...........

Live is just turrible.......

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Never post about video games again. And think about becoming a Hornets homer.

13. LouisianaRocket

14. LouisianaRocket

2k flat out sucks with it's robotic game play, and running half court sets, and running a play that your dude just glitches to the hoop is two different things.

15. Chief Rocka

Chief Rocka Rookie

Hahahahaha! Wow! That is like saying Stephon Marbury makes his teammates better (paging DADA). Live has been consistently reviewed as the biggest hunk of crap......... It is barely playable and any true fan of a "simulation" basketball game has got to be able to tell the difference......

2K to Live is like Tupac compared to Lil Wayne.........

16. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

2K > EA in basketball.

17. LouisianaRocket

i'll never become a hornets fan either. Always been a Rockets fan, even went to every home game during the championship runs both years. So, maybe you can go follow the Hornets, but i'll stick with my favorite team, the Rockets.

18. LouisianaRocket

:rolleyes: you can stick with 2k, i'll play live, and how about not responding to anything about NBA Live if you hate it that much... nobody is forcing you to play the game.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LouisianaRocket
    [​IMG]

20. Chief Rocka

Chief Rocka Rookie

I could see kids maybe liking Live because of the more simple mechanics and flashier presentation, but anyone who has knowledge of the game and its fundamentals can recognize a true basketball simulation.......which is 2K...

BTW, The shotstick is the greatest feature....... I found myself missing it when I was playing Live.....