1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Measuring Lin's scoring consistency (as well as that of other Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hollywoodMarine, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I appreciate your effort but without acknowledging he plays better when healthy it is mostly meaningless. Some on here argue he is weak and can not play through pain. I think that's a stupid argument but it is a semi difficult point to debate (which is why they argue it) because you can't prove they're full of **** even though you know it.

This on the other hand shows Lin is not as inconsistent as some claim but the fact is when he is injured and playing hurt he at times sucks and that's where the inconsistency lies. You can see the lack of speed in his step; the poorer decision making; the inability to attack the basket. Lin was the most consistent Rocket to start the season. But then his back started acting up and we didn't hear about it till he actually missed games.

When he came back, he played well again. Then his play started dropping off again and we heard his back was feeling better. People don't give him credit for not complaining about his pain but rather playing through and only mentioning it when he feels better. By the way the minute he says he is feeling better suddenly his game picked up.

So I don't need stats to tell me he is not inconsistent. He is more consistent than almost any player on the team when healthy or maybe not. Maybe all are going through there own injuries. Parsons doesn't look healthy out there. That might have something to do with his poor play the last couple of games. Maybe Dwight is struggling with his back too. Doesn't seem like it but we don't know.

What I do know is a healthy Lin is a bonus for this team and when he is healthy he is close to Beverly. And when he is not, he's not. And I don't need no stats to show me that.

2. conquistador#11

thanks for depressing me even more. we truly are brokeback mountain:p

3. recboil

recboil Member

stop making so much sense...there's no place for this in the GARM