1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dwight wasting his career in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kidhoward12, Feb 4, 2016.

?

Is Dwight wasting his career in Houston?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    46.6%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    53.4%
  1. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

This is my OPINION.
    OPINION

Dwight literally has no place in this "offense". Game after game he is ignored and he constantly takes flak for it from the media. Saying he isn't as good because his point production is down. He is in a system of shot jackers. They love to shoot and don't like to pass. There is more to basketball than points, but it is a key part. Obviously defense is our main issue. Letting scrub teams destroy us. But Houston is missing out on big production they could get from Howard if they fed him as they have earlier and it works. That leads to better defense. This team shows no sign of getting better or changing. I want Dwight to stay because he gives us our best shot at a trophy and is huge come playoffs every year and also does a lot in the area which shows the type of guy he is. But I also hate seeing game after game us just wasting him. He still is a star despite what it may look like. He could easily make a team that is borderline contender a contender. I hope this team can learn to use both harden and howard effectively. It could be a deadly 1-2 punch. But that might take some sacrifice from harden. Also might require dwight to run more pick and roll. Also might take an actual coach. I just hate seeing this team waste players like it has done and is doing. For goodness sake we have KJ rotting on the bench. We play dwight but in games like tonight which isn't a first, he shot less shots than Sonny Weems. Who tf is Sonny Weems? Just give your thoughts and don't crucify me if you disagree.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's quietly having his best year since Orlando

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rockets WIN!

cfnet finds reason to whine.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Is Houston wasting their time with Dwight ... is the real question.

5. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

I've been thinking this. His points are nowhere near Orlando but also is 5 4 shots less a game. His rebounds are in the same area plus the addition of capela takes a load off him. Defense has gotten worse for obvious reasons but is still effective and better than most of the other bigs. He is capable of any night lighting it up if given the chance. Will he every night he is given it? Nope. Players have off nights. I just feel though he is being misused and wrongly criticized for it and wanted to see if I was alone in this.

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Naw He is playing his game.

Like tonight. You see only 4 shot attempts, but when you examine the game, you see he was passing out of all of them to swing for the open 3 when the def was collasping.

The whole game was like that, they called for him to post up but he was just screen and move the ball.

Relax man

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If they would watch what svg did with him in orl and now in det...

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Check OP's username. He's Howard fan

9. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

With a season like this, the wins feel as much as the losses to be honest lol. Sloppy wins against phoenix don't make me jump for joy.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Paragraphs....are our friends.

1 person likes this.
  11. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Don't let my name distract from the content of what I'm saying. I personally feel I have valid points. Don't let a username erase everything I have said.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are the Rockets wasting their time hoping Harden will be the leading guy?

:grin: Tons of questions

Are the Rockets wasting Morey's talent? Is Morey wasting Houston's time?

1 person likes this.
  13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

yup but hopefully this team stop sbeing r****ded and get him in the offense. lot of you guys think he's done but most of that is a byproduct of how terrible this team has been this season.

its simple - a team with a good system will get the best out of dwight. i hope morey learned from his mistakes and will look for a real coach this offseason instead of a puppet. someone who brings a real system that can mesh with morey's 3pt hard on fantasies

14. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

I noticed that and that's fine. But this isn't a first. Many games being ignored and unused while brewer is chucking 3s and harden is stuffing the stat sheet while going 2-70.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Paragraphs, they are your friends

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lol, I promise I didn't see your post before entering my post.

Great minds!

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

IMO people say Dwight is done or is weak because he chose Houston over LA.
    Yes I agree for the most part he is being wasted. But I hope he stays past this season and we can bring in a coach who can utilise both him and Harden more effectively.
    For me the biggest problem is JB. Whilst he's done some OK things, I just can't get past the fact we got rid of Mchale largely due to our defence, but stick in the defensive coach in his place.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do u even graph bro?

19. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm wasting my time opening this thread

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He wasted that year on the Lakers