1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have interest in Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conquistador#11

lowry looked like passive lin playing next to dragic. dragic is going to look like lawson next to our TRUE pg, harden. dragic's numbers have fallen since miami doesn't run half the PnR's phoenix did. we run what? 2 PnR plays every week?
    it won't work.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

lowry was so passive next to dragic that they were dubbed double dragon on this board. especially, when they combined to get under westbrook's skin and make him lose his head.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hopefully not...

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Long, expensive contract for below average production on a guard whose game is predicating on quickness, is about to hit 30, and is clearly slowing down.

No thanks!

5. basketballholic

Yup.

Trade multiple assets for young 2-way stud on a rookie contact (Smart, Noel) and move out salary for major cap flexibility this summer.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ty may never fit in well here but the guy averaged the second most assists in the league like a year or so ago. He will go somewhere else and be much better than he was here

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Are you talking about the guy that you were crying for him to come back and claiming he was going to save the season?

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Keep that :rolleyes:

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Llull is essentially Dragic-lite. I don't see much of a long term purpose to trading for Dragic.

Now if the Rockets decide to forget rebuilding altogether, then sure....why not? As a combo guard, he is a more natural fit next to Harden than Lawson is. I guess the question would be if Dragic has struggled next to Wade, can he fit with Harden?

But for the most part, i'll say BOGUS.

10. conquistador#11

that's when lowry was the starter. people have selective memory. =/

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Dragic will not age as fast as some people think. He's a big point with a nice shot. He will last longer than Jose Calderon. I'm not sure I want him for as long as his contract is, but he's got several very good years of bball left in the tank.

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

this. the inability to integrate Ty Lawson into the offense is the biggest failure since... Scottie Pippen? Plenty of blame to go around for everyone, but i still don't get how you don't give Ty complete control of the bench and let him run the same plays they had in Denver.

13. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Crystal ball for Miami Heat
    See Brooklyn Nets

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Plus he does all those crazy Steve Nash body weight exercises on the beach.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dragic is what we need. We need a Bev type player who can also handle the ball. Dragic can play D hit the 3 and get to the basket.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Done playing with Harden, just like Dragic will be. He thinks Wade handles the ball a lot, lmao...

17. AXG

AXG Member

Two years ago, maybe. Now with that contract and his production going way down, no way.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

News to me, but interesting regardless. I remember when the Rocks were interested as he forced his way out of Phoenix. However, as others have mentioned, he doesn't seem too high on the Rockets. I guess it's because we didn't re-sign him.

Look, I like his game, and I think he's underrated in terms of his basketball IQ. However, Goran seems to have fluctuating loyalty to teams. At first, he's thrilled, but then the relationship becomes lukewarm or strained. Even in Miami, he seems a bit disinterested, and at times, detached from basketball-oriented emotions. I guess I see the spark disappearing season after season, shortly after things get tough.

Shoot, he wasn't happy in PHX as Nashty's backup. He had the opportunity to learn from the best, but I get it, like all NBA players, you want to make your mark. I'm just not fond of how he's done it, especially when he was seeking out the max.

If he were on his last year, I'd be more interested in linking him up with James. But, it seems like Goran wants the ball more, even though he says it doesn't matter to him in interviews. If you look at the rosters he's been on, there have always been ball-dominant guards/forwards that he's had to play with. The exception was when he played for us, and we were in that rebuilding/contention phase.

IMO, he's a "closeted shooting guard." He loves to shooting the rock, but because of his size and passing ability, he's always been a 1. I think he would be highly-successful as a shooting guard because he's very smooth with his footwork, and that lefty is difficult to guard. As he gets older, I expect him to move over. His shot is beautiful.

He'll always been a unique prospect for any team, but his demeanor screams "weak" to me.

Now, if this rumor were for Kyle Lowry, I'd be all ears. Thank you Kevin for sending Kyle out of here with screeching tires, without a glance in the rearview mirror. ;) JK (sort of...)

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin 2mill > dragic 18mill

1 person likes this.
  20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Dragic has said over and over he doesn't want to come here. Why does every rumor about him always have the Rockets involved one way or the other ? If he was traded here it would be a huge risk because of him being unhappy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.