1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

My feed has been fine. The team we've been watching, that's another story.

2. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Getting the feed on my ipad or iphone is an ordeal. I'll pull up a game and I'll have the play button with a line through it. I usually have the central servers but have found that the east servers seem to make it work. Same thing on Roku, they take forever to finally start streaming but at least once the feed starts I don't have a problem. The high quality streams don't seem to be that high quality either.

But if I watch the game on my laptop, everything works great.

3. Nero

Nero Member

The one time I watched a game this year on the Roku, it was perfect, HD, smooth, everything.

4. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I have the same issue on my Roku. The feed doesn't skip often, but the quality is just not that great. Much better quality if I hook up my laptop to the TV, but I'd rather not do that.

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I just ended up doing the $99 Team League Pass and using VPN to bypass the local blackouts. It's worth it, better and cleaner feed. The only downside is if the game is on national TV, it will be blacked regardless of location.

6. xaos

xaos Member

for the not-so-IT-inclined... how could I do that step by step.

Thank you so much!

7. thejav

thejav Member

Looks like it will be done after this season.. not allowing anyone to re/subscribe..it was good while it lasted..

8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

I'm looking to sell my account with approximately 16 months left (Expiry date April 21, 2017). Account is currently frozen. PM me if interested.

Cheers :)

9. dragician

dragician Member

just switched to comcast last week. it's much better by a mile.

10. dragician

dragician Member

talking about internet only. i got 170 mbps now compared to ATT max speed of 24.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I have Verizon FIOS 50/50 and the quality is still bad on high. I've gotten used to it though and the lag has dissipated.

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

So, is Ballstreams dead? I tried logging in just now, and the website is down. Same for the mobile site. Hopefully it's just maintenance or a server issue.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I watched the Suns game at around noon today. But the site is currently offline for me too. I can't log in w/ the Roku app either.

14. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Looks like it is toast; Reddit also has a lot of posters claiming it is the end. Knew this day was coming but thought it would last through the season. damn.

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Their other site, hockeystreams.com is down also. Seems like this is it

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I had like 2 seasons left thanks to forgetting to turn off auto renew and always freezing the account after the season is over. Oh well, I'm not mad because I got my money's worth (and then some) for the last 2.5 years.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think its just a DNS issue, but it very well could be possible that they are dead.

RIP.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Ballstreams has really been pissing me off lately. They started off the season having both home and away feeds but now pretty much just home feeds, especially if you're watching on the Roku. When I watch on my laptop I constantly have to switch between low, medium (half the time this isn't even available, high feeds to find a feed that actually works. I get errors constantly on the Roku. When it works, it's great. They always start off the season impressively and then **** the bed in the middle.

19. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

I have noticed them getting a lot worse this year too, and having to switch between different servers and bit rates to get something acceptable. But who really pisses me off is the NBA. Don't know why they won't make games available for viewing. Just pick a price that they think is fair and put that out in the market. League Pass is a joke because of all the blacked out games

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Anyone with recommendations for international league pass for the rest of the season + playoffs?

Edit: I'll be trying this site for today's game: http://hehestreams.tk/

#1800 shastarocket, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016