1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Kevin Love?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 12, 2015.

?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Kevin Love

1. Yes, I would trade Howard for Love

16.3%
  2. No, I would not trade Howard for Love

83.7%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

DMO would get creamed-O by centers if he plays C full time. He played C at a decent level when Dwight was out but if he plagued C full time I'm not sure DMo can withstand the impact of banging with guys like Asik 24/7, he'll either stop being a good defender or he'll get injured. Rather than throwing him to the wolves at C, the best thing to do with DMo is Tim Duncan him and preserve his health by sticking him at PF.

Dwight might be declining, but his contract ends in 2 years. If he ends up sucking then just let it expire and let's after KD. Love is a defensive liability, he'll put up insane stats but his team will lose due to bad defense. Sorry, not interested.

1 person likes this.
  2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Love is a stat stuffer...empty stat stuffer

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Pau Gasol brought his team to the playoffs every season with Shane Battier being the only other good player on his team, his other teammates were guys like Slowmile Swift and old Damon Stoudemire. Love hasnt even brought his team to the playoffs once, even when he had a semi-decent team with Rubio, Kirilenko and that other center. Comparing him to Love is an insult to Gasol.

I mean, dude can't even lead Caves to 0.5 win % in the EAST with Irving. If he can't even do that the Rox don't need him.

4. beardsanity713

TJones,Papanikolaou, Cannan NO 1st rounder

for

Kevin Love

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really want to keep TJones - if possible.

DD

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Without Dwight it would be a layup drill for opponents, Love is horrible defensively.

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Balance is great. This proposal doesn't bring balance. It brings ours offense to maybe top 10 in the league. Defense plummets to bottom 20. This is absolutely ridiculous. Getting a playmaking PG is the best thing Morey can do right now. Maybe a backup center after that.

You bring in Dragic, for example, then you have balance. You bring in Love and give up Howard, you don't have balance.

8. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

You'd probably have to throw DMo in but the Cavs still wouldn't accept.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Much prefer Dwight. But if we are looking to trade Dwight, would rather have Davis or Cousins, then only Love.

10. kchin

kchin Member

A dominant center like Dwight is hard to find plus we have two pretty good power forwards in D-Mo and Josh Smith.

I like this team we have now. When the season started I did not like the roster moves last offseason but the additions of Jason Terry, Trevor Ariza, Josh Smith, and Corey Brewer have convinced me that this team could be a serious contender.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Despite K-Love's great stats, never liked him much as a player. I mean, has it ever been a big man who is able to fill a stat sheet which minimally helped his team to victory?

If getting K-Love means that our depth would be gutted, then I pass and keep Jones instead, if anything, for insurance purposes.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right now LMA is better than Love so going after Love is not only a lateral move also means we probably win less games.

13. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

more than trading Dwight I wish we could trade for or hire someone who can coach him properly and talk him into playing to his strenghts... its ridiculous how talented he is yet hes never playing as good and helping the team as much as he could...

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You can build an offense around Love.

You can build a defense around Howard.

To build an offense around Love, you have to give less touches to Harden.

Love is more talented at this point in their careers, but Dwight is the much better fit, so I would not make that trade.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New Post: In exclusive interview with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cavs?src=hash">#Cavs</a> F Kevin Love, reveals he has no plan to opt out at end of season <a href="http://t.co/7At3aXjXBz">http://t.co/7At3aXjXBz</a></p>&mdash; Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/555087966486294528">January 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Love can't create his own shot

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

you're just joking right ?