1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This team needs to figure something out with the starting lineup.

I think they are better suited how they are now, but Harden and Smith need to work on some things.

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've wondered the exact same thing. DMO looks like Hakeem's heir in the post. It's got to have an effect on Howard.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How many players have averaged 27 pts/g,1 blk/g,7 ast/g,&amp;6 reb/g? This is an easy list 2remember-just <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a> and Lebron <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBABallot?src=hash">#NBABallot</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/550388303602532352">December 31, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think its a chicken/egg thing. I see DMo get very good position in every game this year and yet he's ignored. Bev and Ariza do it usually several times a game, both try to drive instead and do something awkward. After not getting the ball, DMo being a team guy, tries to set picks for someone when he doesn't get the pass down low. Ideally, if we ran the 2nd team offense through DMo, we would get a much higher percentage shot or kick out for open threes. Not sure why we don't do it.

Harden and Kostas do the best job of getting DMo the ball in the low post. I'd really like to see Kostas gets some minutes in the rotation because he great at team basketball.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't understand why they didn't ask him the tough questions. Example; Does it bother you at all that DaDakota isn't on board with the Josh Smith signing?

1 person likes this.
  6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Backup center (rim protector) is definitely a position of need. Maybe we can trade a first rounder for Omer Asik.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Josh Smith, shot blocker, says hello

8. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

thnaks for the link that is an awsome tool

yes AD was bothering him. However dmo took him to school cuople of times only to miss a gimme and that happens...hrden missses them all the time...given the small sample size we will be wrong to draw definite conclusions...just as we would be wrong to say dmo was a better rebounder just because he took 3 offensive rebounds under AD nose AD on a single possesion

today we will have another opportunity to see DMO vs Davis...I am saying DMO is not afraid and will school him.... he just needs post touches on a consistent basis to shine...

ariza harden and others were bothered by almost anyone who gureded them even more than dmo was bothered by AD, all season long, yet we didnt stop going to them...

9. tburris872

tburris872 Member

Rockets vs Pelicans

The Rockets had just finished a triple overtime game with Denver; getting home at 3 or 4 in the morning to play the Pelicans the same day, the last time they played. The Rockets are still to supposed to show up and play regardless of all that, but they may not have been at full strength then.