1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Villanueva mentions Houston as possible destination

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

NBA.com - January 30, 2008 - 4:54 pm
    Charlie Villanueva addressed his status in Milwaukee in a blog post on Wednesday.

"There have been countless trade rumors involving me going around with the trade deadline date (Feb. 21) right around the corner," wrote Villanueva. "I’ve read or heard a number of teams expressing interests such as New York, Houston, Cleveland, New Jersey, Miami, and as of late Golden State. Listen, I’m a strong believer that everything happens for a reason and also value that it is a privilege to play in the NBA, not a right. It’s a blessing that comes with at time some serious business decisions. So whatever God has planned for me, I will accept the challenge and continue to play the game at 110%."

"Looking at my situation overall, I ask myself at times, do I see myself here long-term," Villanueva asked. "I must say the answer to that question doesn’t sit to comfortable with me. I don’t know what the future holds. Anything can happen in this business. I would really like to make Milwaukee a part of my future, but it doesn’t seem realistic at this point in time unless something changes. The moves made by management in the last few months indicate to me that I’m not as important as I once was to this team. I’m not completely sold on my role with the Milwaukee Bucks ."

LINK to story
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like just rumors that he's heard. probably nothing substantial, but still worth discussing as a possibility.

personally, i don't see how he would help us at all. i feel that scola and landry both give us the same skillset and we dont have to give up anything to get them.

unless of course, morey is looking at a similar situation as last year: moving a big for perimeter help, then looking for a replacement big. (howard/james then lucas/klieza)

either way, take with a grain of salt. discuss.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

4. bbjai

bbjai Member

isn't this old news?

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes it is.

6. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Old news but I'd do it...plus my son has Alopecia, so if Charlie V gets traded to the Rockets my son might quit making me want to choke him when we play the Mavs (the boy's fascinated with Jason Terry...I know, I know...).

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Uhhh...don't be surprised if nobody backs you up one this one.

Trade our best perimeter defender for what? A regressing 30-something player that's completely reliant on his athleticism and for a young softy PF that we don't need?

#7 baller4life315, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  8. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I like Charlie V. but I wouldn't give up Battier for him.. Have you guys notice that Battier has incorporated a weakside defensive scheme lately....I've seen him block Boozer from behind when he does that fade away and recently he's been swiping/helping out with Bogut and Troy Murphy....Battier is too much of a prize in my opinion...

9. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

Yes, I believe we can convince Mason to put it all out on defense. Mason and Prince are the only two guys in the NBA that I've seen give T-Mac problems defensively, plus he's an upgrade offensively. Villanueva is not happy with the Bucks, so his numbers aren't what they should be. The guy can stroke a basketball, he is more suited for Adelman's offense, and he is not one dimensional.

...but only if we can follow it with this trade. Landry/Head(or Bonzi) for Jose Calderon. We would just have to accept that the Rockets screwed up by trading for James rather than buying out Juwan Howard.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2806~3217~901&teams=10~28~28&te=&cash=

Rockets Lineup

Yao/Hayes/Deke
    Villanueva/Scola/Hayes
    T-Mac/Villanueva/Novak
    Mason/Bonzi/James/Francis
    Calderon/Rafer/Brooks

In every good trade, you're never sure wether its worth the risk. We have built a lot of chemistry over the course of the season. But I still don't see this bunch getting to the WCF any time soon.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Isn't he a PF? We really don't need another one........we need a good PG.

DD

11. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

how much is charlie v making?

and Charlie V is legit a 3/4 possible 5 that had decent handles can shoot and crash the boards... his d is the only questionable part of his game as i dont think he's really a lock down defender

12. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

igotask8board, Toronto will not trade Calderon especially after his monster season this year

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.