1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/2/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

this could get ugly.

3. Tornadoofsoul6

If Yao gets Garnett in foul trouble we could have a chance :eek:

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

We need to see solid games from brooks and Scola. THe key to beating the celtics is rebounding. After Garnett, they don't have much.

5. newplayer

newplayer Member

lose this game by less than 30 points = moral victory :(

6. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

how do we even guard these guys?

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Well on any given night any team can beat any team. So lets just hope that this is our night.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

You must be kidding! Is this the "easy" part of the schedule? If KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen don't play, I am "saying we got a chance." Gee, two "all new" teams facing off! Talent = little or no adjustment: a lot less talent = whole bunch of adjustments. Yep, it is all about adjusting.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

We pull up a huge upset! I'm serious, I have a feeling that we will steal this one.

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Keys of the game:

Yao needs to go for 40 points.

Bonzi needs to be aggressive, and hopefully draw fouls from Garnett.

Only play Head at point guard, and do not have two small guards in the backcourt, or else Ray Allen and Paul Pierce will have field days.

I suggest Chuck Hayes and Scola on Garnett, because he likes to shoot the jumper as often as being on the block, and Yao would not be a good matchup on him.

Adelman should get ejected and the Rockets will be motivated.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

:D The only way Adelman gets ejected is if he strapped to a catapult and fired through the roof. You have to show vital signs to be ejected, like hoop and holla, and jump up and down. Forget about it.

12. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Rockets FTW!

I dunno, I've got a good feeling about this game. The Rockets, w/o Tmac, have played better and better as a team. Sure, sure, they got blown out in the 4th, but that single quarter seems to overshadow 3 excellent quarters of TEAM basketball. I know that Yao didn't do very well, but I suspect that he'll match up much better vs Kendrick Perkins & KG than a lanky and athletic GS team. We gotta remember that neither Ray Allen nor Paul Pierce plays any semblence of defense, so I suspect that Bonzi will have his way with them. Battier can guard Allen and Bonzi can body up on Pierce. Just make sure not to let them play w/ any sort of team cohesiveness; force them to play 1-on-1 bball.

And if they start going Kobe on us and raining threes from the parking lot, then oh well. But that doesn't happen every day...well, at least not two games in a row :D

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

not....gonna.....happen

well keep it closer than the knicks did, but were not walkin out of boston with a victory.

14. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

First Page!!!

Yikes!!! Rockets... uhm... LOSE this game, by double figures, although they do make it close by halftime.

Yao Ming: 17 PTS, 11 REB, 2 Assists, 2 steals, 3 Blocks, 5 Turnovers...
    Rafer Alston: 21 PTS, 5 REB, 6 Assists, 3 steals, 0 Blocks, 2 turnovers

Final Score: Boston Celtics 112, Houston Rockets 94... Rockets continue their losing streak into 2008! :( :rolleyes:

15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

We have a better shot in this game than we did against the Warriors. Garnett will guard Yao one on one and will not front. We win by 5.

16. GRB

GRB Member

A surprising win, and haters go aways~

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If you asked me, it looks like Deke is the coach of the Rockets.

18. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

You know, most of you think Rockets will not win this game. But this is one of those games the underdog will win. Rockets won't win big, but they will win by 5 points. And the main reasons why they will win: not Yao (although he will get his normal 20+10+3+3), but (1) two of these three guys will have a big game (Louis, Luther and Shane) and (2) Boston will shoot very poorly.

19. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

Hopeful but Rox win 92-91 in OT

20. cyberdemon_lord

wont happen, this is why the celtics keep kendrick perkins around