1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injury sidelines Wells again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Have looked arond and didn't see it posted. But yet lock if I missed it!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5180251.html

For all the Rockets' changes, forward Bonzi Wells' availability for training camp remains the same.

For the second straight season, a groin injury is expected to keep Wells, 31, off the court through the Rockets' six days and seven practices in Austin.

"We've known about it a little while, and were hoping it would clear up by this time," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "Bonzi's got a minor groin issue that looks like it's going to keep him out for some time. We're not sure how long at this point.

"I think any player who has been injury-prone in the past is more likely to be injury prone in the future. We want Bonzi here from day one, but the fact is, he can't go right now."

Wells, 6-5, played 28 games last season, averaging 7.8 points on 41.1 percent shooting.

Rockets athletic trainer Keith Jones said Wells' injury is not as serious as the tear that limited him through much of the 2005-06 season with Sacramento or even the soreness that kept him out for much of his first preseason with the Rockets. But Jones said he expects Wells to be out at least a week.

"He'll do some cardio stuff off the court," Jones said. "There's nothing torn like there was. We'll move slow. The first week or so, we'll do nothing on the court, just cardio stuff and rehab."

2. abcdef

abcdef Member

Wow, this sounds exactly like last year. This time we can't blame the coach though.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

What the heck? He just got back into shape and now he's injured again? Bad way to start the season. Hope Keith Jones is telling the truth when he said that it wasn't as bad as last year.

4. matty101

matty101 Member

5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! the last thing i want to hear about is injuries to any of our players this year.

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

(or something equally hysterical. :( )

8. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Man the regular season hasn't even started yet! I would rather him to go through this now he already knows Adelman's system and we are deep anyway. The difference now is he is 35 pounds lighter and is actually with the team working out doing cardio stuff. That's better than last year when he just didn't do nothing at all.

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

sounds like a good, and very sly way of ducking training camp.

wild accusation perhaps but...

i dont trust this guy

10. Shay

Shay Member

It stinks but at least hopefully he will be back to play a few preseason games.

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I'm in the same thought but let's see how it plays out.

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

fu*k! Again the same thing with Bonzi...:(

13. normy85

normy85 Member

Gawd, I hope this does not derail Bonzi's motivation(if he has any) to go all out in the new season. Pray for speedy recovery!

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

Wee all have known that he has a problem with that groin...But I really really hope he will be healthly and will help us next season

15. Barkley

Barkley Member

Uff....

16. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Bonzi will be okay.

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I can understand the overreaction cross the board here given bonzi's history. but given how great he looks and keith jones saying he'l be back in action within a week, i dont think it's anything dramatic.

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is obviously JVG's fault. Maybe we can get Spanoulis back.

19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Exactly. Let's hope he is well enough to play in some of the exhibition games so he can get in playing shape and be ready to play. I hope this injury doesn't linger.

20. HipHopSince1981

I'm hoping this is true. I was looking forward to seeing how Bonzi will do this season, looks to be in waaay better shape so I'm looking for him to be a contributor