1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Randolph

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Aug 30, 2004.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Zach R

Zach Randolph is in some modicum of trouble and reportedly, particularly in Portland's papers, the Blazers are considering swapping him and retaining good guy SAR.

If Portland were 'moral' enough to trade ZR do the Rox care and, if so, what kind of package could be created to whet the interest of the brass in the Pacific NW?

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I guarantee neither Les nor JVG do that, not after Eddie Griffin. Portland would have to give him away for nothing before Rocks would show interest.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I disagree, he is not available for anything on the Rockets roster besides Yao or T-Mac. 20-10 guy for years to come.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I think you were trying to say FOUR years to come!!

5. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Derrick Coleman used to get you 20 and 10 too.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Yeah, and now he's old and broken down. He's always been lazy and disinterested. Randolph is none of those things, he has major character issues. Bad analogy, I'd love to have a PF like Coleman when DC was in his prime. I'd love to have Randolph, too.

But the Blazers won't trade him for trash,

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I don't usually pull the "We don't need anymore stars on the team" card because it depends on what kind of star. If we had a chance at getting a top PG like Kidd or Bibby, they would be absolutely be worth their big salaries.

But in terms of Randolph, we absolutely don't need him. He needs the ball to be effective and would take away shots from Yao and Tmac, he's not known as anything special on defense, and he he looks like he's a max contract away from going Shawn Kemp on us.

And it isn't happening anyway so it doesn't matter. He still has a lot of value for Portland, and we aren't going to be giving up a lot of value to land him, so this discussion is Mootsville.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Rockets don't have nearly enough (outside Yao/TMac) to get us Randolph. The guy is a star, doing 20/10 in his first year as a starter.

Whether we could use him or not, there is almost no way we could get him.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sweetney and Thomas for Randolph and Patterson? Isiah caring not for character or contract extentions?

10. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Good player for Portland. Pass for Houston.

11. munco

munco Member

i'll take him.
    he's been caught with weed was it?
    and now his brother has been implicated in a shooting.
    if he was the one accused of shooting i'd say stay away but he's not. probably doesn't keep the best of company around but he's not alone.

12. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Latest rumor has Randolph and D. Anderson to Milwaukee for M. Redd, Desmond Mason, and change.

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Great deal for portland. I wouldn't do it if I was Milwaukee.

14. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/109395341459060.xml

Here's the link on the Milwaukee rumor. It's a long article about Zach, but here's the rumor:

Randolph, clearly the most talented and promising player on the team, is in the last year of his contract, which is set to pay him $1.8 million this season. The Blazers have until Oct. 31 to offer an extension, which one month ago seemed like a sure bet.

But today, the Blazers have cooled considerably, to the point where their once-believed foundation of the future now is rumored in a trade sending Randolph, Derek Anderson and a 2005 draft pick to Milwaukee for Michael Redd, Desmond Mason and Marcus Haislip.

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

maybe a star but not a great team basketball player. besides, he's got vin baker written all over him.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Another vastly overrrated punk with limited upside and tons of downside. Talk a player who makes none of his teammates better and will put up 20/10 for losing teams, but doesn't know how to play team basketball and win games. Just wait a few years when he starts putting on lbs., has 8 kids by 12 different women, and gets caught smoking crack for the 3rd time. The Portland GM has to be r****ded to consider this guy the cornerstone or future cornerstone of their franchise. If he is lucky, he will wind up out of the league but still alive and not incarcerated by the time he's 30.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

The guy can't pass....period.

The trade would make Portland a VERY dangerous team. As for the Bucks...if they get TJ back in time I think him and Zack can do some damage in the East.

18. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Randolph was also arrested for shoplifting and, here's the winner, selling guns in high school.

Doesn't play defense and complains when he doesn't get a ton of shots too. A horrible fit on a team with Yao and McGrady already getting/needing shots.

19. AGBee

AGBee Member

Bingo.

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Wow. National Enquirer and Medical Science Magazine here we come.:D