1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitchell to the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stevierebel, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Fox26 reported tonight that LB Keith Mitchell and the Texans have verbally agreed to a one year contract. Some details have to be worked out. That is one great LB core if you ask me.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

What a great pickup, but I sure do hope they can work out a long term deal next offseason.

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

If you guys are not lying, this means a steal deal for the rosters team!

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

That is a solid solid line backer core!!! Wong, Sharper, Mitcherl, and Jones. This is an impressive defense now. Line backers are the heart of the 3-4 defense. Sharper and Mitcherl are pro bowlers! Wong led Minnesota in tackles a couple of seasons. Jones was a highly sought out linebackers who is going to have a break through year. Talk about talent on the Texans!!

Up front at the defensive ends, you have Payne and Walker, perennial pro bowl quality players.

Plus with the two corner backs in Glen and Coleman, the Texans are building a very impressive defense. These guys made all the teams fear that Jets defense. They likley were the heart of the Jets defense. And now they are Texans.

The defense will quickly be feared around the league.

However, the offense needs a lot of work. The players might be there on offense, but I doubt these are the ones to get the Texans into that winning position.

The offensive line looks to be solid if players stay healthy. The quarterback looks to be solid. The running back position is at a stretch though. The tight end position is at a streatch. Also, the wide receivers need to prove themselves; all of them have not really done much in the NFL. Yet the Wide receivers do have talent, unproven talent nonetheless!

My prediction, the texans go 6-10 the first season. But, the defense will carry them.

One thing though, the depth is really thin. If there aren't that many injuries, this team can go 8-8 easily.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

All that matters is that they start the season 0-1.

Go Cowboys!

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Cowboys Suck!
    Houston is going to spank their butts, all over Reliant Stadium..
    or should I say Olympic Park. :)