1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Should have done the Tyson Chandler Trade this August?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thefinalchapter, Oct 28, 2010.

1. thefinalchapter

Why did we sign Brad Miller. he is terrible defender, but because he can pass the ball well for a bigman, Morey foolishly signs him for 15 million. What a Joke that signing was. And whats up with Adelman not using Big Ole Brad Until the late 3rd quarter( i didn't know his minutes were monitered as well).

Matt Bullard is an idiot, How on earth can you claim that, "scoring more points than the other team is good defense." DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.
    The only reason why we failed to win the JVG era is because he continued to sign washed up Vets way past their prime to surround a prime Yao and prime TMAC. If we had Scola, AB, Landry,or even Budinger. We would have won those playoffs series againist the Mavs and the Jazz. But knowing JVG he would have kept Scola, Budinger, and AB on the bench during his tenure.

And I'm really getting sick and tired of Morey trading our first round picks for overrated players. I still can not get over the Nicolas Batum trade. That trade still keeps me up at night. Every Draft expert was saying that he had a chance to be a better version of Rudy Gay, and there he was sitting right at us for us to draft. Not only that but he was 19 years old, he could have been our starting small forward for years to come, and he is much better defensively than Shame Battier.

Last but not least, let me discuss my topic. Tyson Chandler would have helped not only because he is a defensive presence in his CONTRACT YEAR. But his deal would come of the books along with Yao's and enable us to sign some free-agents.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it wasnt up to him!!!!!!!!

geeez :rolleyes:

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And the knee jerk threads continue.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW, the board has exploded. PEOPLE CALM DOWN, of course Bull realizes defense win championships but he was making a comment on the style of ball he likes to watch.

5. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

we're just letting it out...Get angry mr.clutch

6. Hball

Hball Member

Agree with the bad signing of miller... that pick-up never was little puzzling because he doesn't adress our biggest weakness(shotblocking), but of course Adelmans offense is what most important... Im sure he'd pass on kobe for martin just because he plays off the ball :rolleyes:

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Thought = Thread

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Even if we had him we'd still start Hayes at Center.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

So, what was this Tyson Chandler trade that Morey rejected, and how were the Rockets going to trump the DUST chip? I remember reading about that trade and being happy that DUST got them nothing more than Chandler, when I really thought they could have gotten someone like Iggy with it.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I hope your other 15 posts weren't crying about the Artest trade.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It was a 4 team trade that at the time was designed in part for Miami to make room to give Wade, Lebron, and Bosh max deals. We would've gotten Chandler and given up Jeffries. Miami would have given up Michael Beasley.

Miami obviously didn't need to do it as they got what they wanted. I guess they liked the picks from the TWolves better than whatever it was they were supposed to get in the other deal. Thus, it didn't get done. Not Morey's fault.