1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better ideas for timeouts?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Mar 12, 2007.

1. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I can't help but notice how boring the timeout entertainment has become the past few years. Sure watching little kids run a race wearing Yao-sized pants is kinda funny, but I miss the stuff we had 10 years back...back when Turbo was doing some crazy stuff and there seemed to be a lot more T-shirts thrown around. ( By the way, has Leslie Alexander gotten cheap? There doesn't seem like a lot of free T-shirts thrown around like there used to be )

I'm sick of that Landry's crab race, man. They have that in Astros games too. The Kiss Cam/Flex Cam is okay, but it's getting old.

Any ideas on how to make these things better?

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

3 words:

Powerdancers. Schoolgirl outfits.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

10 lucky winners get to pummel RiceDaddy7 for the duration of halftime in center court. Person who inflicts most pain gets his wallet so that can be donated to the tipjar...

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

agree 100%

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

oh yes

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

That's so 1999.

I want see-though, space themed, Barbarella like ones.

[​IMG]

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's hard to say for sure but I think if someone were to post some pics, it would be a lot easier.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I want to see fewer timeouts. There are way too many of them and it subtracts from the game.

A partial solution is to convert more of the full timeouts to 20 second timeouts.

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Or a favorite Powerdancer outfit poll with photos would be nice...

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Actually, I think the timeouts are better than they used to be. The put-on-NBA-clothes-and-complete-a-layup kiddy relay dates way back into the Summit days.

The Clutch videos, and Clutch bits in general, have been awesome.

The Powerdancers have been pretty lame this year, and I'd say this is the weakest they've been in the 13 years I've been at games. They look like they don't even practice, and the infamous schoolgirl skit from the beginning of last season hasn't been around since, IIRC (parental complaints?). The "lil dippers" routinely run laps around them. The breakdancers/jump ropers have been rock solid.

Honestly, I think the T-shirt tosses and Crab races are the worst part of any game, and for this reason: it's typically the only time all game, that the high dollar seats are willing to stand and get loud. That's pathetic. More into video crabs in a fake race. More into the opportunity to get a $5 shirt. Hiss and get nasty if anyone in front of them stands and cheers during the game for the Rockets. It irritates the living fool out of me.

Evan

12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Evjohn,

Yeah, the last part you mention really pissed me off too. I was in the front part yesterday watching the Rockets/Magic game, and there was a part where Shane hits a 3 and I'm standing and clapping and people tell me to sit down. Like, WTF? Is this a movie theater or the symphony? As much as I love sitting in the front part, I hate all the pompous a-holes down there who won't get their suits and ties messed up by standing and cheering from time to time.

13. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

last time i sat with the rowdies, some loser was sitting behind me yelling "DOWN IN FRONT" needless to say he eventually got up and moved

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Here's a start: GET RID OF THE STEP DANCERS AND LAUNCH CREW.

They're best used as a sleep aid as far as I'm concerned.

15. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

3 words:
    Powerdancers, no outfits.

16. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i'm sorry if this had been discussed before, but this is concerning whatever that breakdance crew is..

me and the people around me at games always laugh at this one girl that is in the breakdance crew that doesn't really know how to breakdance.. while everyone else is actually doing something, she does a few steps, waddles this way and that way, and that's it..

how exactly did she make it on that team? cuz everyone else is pretty good.. i guess part two is how can we get her off the crew?

17. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

ohmygod that girl is so horrible....all the people around me make fun of her....that girl like moves in slow motion!!

They need to get rid of the lunch crew etc......

why can't they play videos on the jumbotron of the championshp years..sometimes they show vidoes of Hakeem schooling Robinson, etc and it gets the crowd fired up...they could just show rockets videos...more power dancers...etc....

18. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

They should just show the 40 year History video over and over. I love that freakin video!!!!!

i actually had never noticed that chick until yesterday, she didnt look like she was breakdancing, she looked like she was playing Twister really fast.

19. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

HAHA! playing Twister really fast, that's so on the money

i also agree with the 40 year video, they need more versions of it with more clips

20. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I wish they had cheaper beer. That way you could buy a beer every time out. Then who cares about entertainment.