1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UHCL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I am starting grad school at UHCL (University of Houston - Clear Lake) I will be spending 15 hours on campus. 1 class in morning and 1 in evening. I live in Jersey Village so no sense to drive back home.

Anyway, anyone ever attend school there? Not familiar with Clear Lake so any places worth visiting you guys recommend other than NASA?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's a gorgeous campus if you are an outdoorsy type. Deer and rabbits run freely all around. I like to go to Nobi for food and beers.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Yeah, go get hammered for lunch and sleep until your evening class. That ought to do it.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I grew up (and live in) that area. Lots of good places to eat and some decent things to do. The park right up Bay Area Blvd from UCHL is nice. No clue what your interests are so hard to make a recommendation.

5. updawg

updawg Member

Tookies for lunch

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've only been a couple of times back when my gf (now wife) was getting her MH/MBA there, and I'd have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the campus was. I was expecting it to be more in the vein of Lonestar, but I was wrong.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

When did she graduate if you don't mind me asking? I could have been one of her classmates!

Also, OP, that drive (Jersey Village to Clear Lake) was the same one I made when I did my MHA/MBA program and I would recommend staying close to campus as humanly possible. Maaaaybe going into downtown or Rice Village is okay but the drive takes a toll on you and your car.

The campus is nice.

8. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I am only taking classes once a week. Hopefully I don't have to go to campus more than I need to.

9. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Where is the best place to meet single ladies?

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Either on campus or Nobi Public House.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's good then. You'll like the campus if you like quiet chill campuses. It's nothing like 40 Acres in Austin or the sprawl of UH Main but it's nice enough to spend a day there.

12. cdastros

cdastros Member

The gender distribution on campus is almost 70% female.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

no........
    really? :confused:

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Yeah most of my college career is on that campus. Nothing to do really out here, Bay Area Blvd. can be a pain during lunch rush and rush hour. It's a commuter school, nobody hangs out there, it's not like a regular college campus (atleast not yet, or atleast it wasnt when I last went).

Single Ladies? Majority are married or engaged.

I have all my classes this semester online, so I wont be going to campus too often. I frequent the hookah bar close to campus (space center and bay area blvd) called tobacco 4U aka Perk and Puff behind arby's. chill spot.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I graduated from there and got most of my masters done there. Not much to do on campus unless you just want to study all day until the evening. There is a small gym. Kemah isn't that far of a drive from campus so there's that.

16. cdastros

cdastros Member