1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets 2014-2015 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave2000, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think you misunderstood him, it's Dallas that are

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm guessing you have us losing to SA and OKC? What's the third team? GSW?

I'm saying 8-2 we lose to OKC and split either SA or GSW.

I think we blow the other teams out. I expect the rockets to come out very hot to start the season. Kind of like the pacers but hopefully we don't have a mid season collapse.

I have faith our two stars are a lot better then their two stars.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Wish I shared your optimism.. I have us dropping a game or two against someone we should beat easily

4. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

This should be in perspective how little most fans actually watch and know those "lesser" teams.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Can't think like last yr. This is a new team and harden for sure is going to be a lot better just because he's 24, Plus Howard and Harden will have much better chemistry.

The biggest weakness has been addressed "Defense".

I think it's easy to look at losing asik, Lin and Parsons and feel like we lost a. If chunk of the team. And to and extent we did but let's put it in perspective.

Lin is an avg player who can be easily replaced. His Highs we're nice but his fan base made it seem more than it really was. Trust me theirs slot of inconsistent bench players who have big games like Lin every now and again.

Asik is a loss but he wasn't being utilized proper. In reality if Howard doesn't get hurt (knock on wood) we don't need a starting level center backing him up. Dorsey and dmo while not nearly as good should provide adequate minutes.

Now parsons, we're do I start. He's a very nice player but even for 8 mil without another superstar he's just not the right fit. He's an inconsistent shooter, lousy defender and frankly doesn't understand his role. Ariza is a lot better fit next to Howard and harden. We need defense Forsure but more important we need guys who will sacrifice their body's for harden and Howard. And parsons thinking he was part of a big 3 just wasn't ever going to be that player.

Ultimately players 26 that put up 16 6 and 4 are nice but not rare. I dnt think anyone has ever though Lou deng was ever worth 15 mil and he's put up those numbers with a lot better defense for almost a decade. My point is parsons Ariza swap is a win for us. Not only fit but team chemistry.

My last point and I hope u bared with me is that star power wins in he nba. We won 54 games last yr because Howard and harden play on our team. It's not anyone else. They help sure but as long as the rocket Trot out these two we Should win 50+ game in our sleep and I really believe that. We're not Memphis or Dallas or even GSW. They don't have players of harden or Howard's caliber. Put it this was harden is better than anyone on those rosters and so is Howard. You can't beat what you don't have and we have two players that our just flat out better.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Both away. Wish we could get one at home.

7. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I am so thankful that our season home game is not against the Lakers. I love to go to the season opener at home, and that would have been a joke. Rest of schedule is bleh...

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We need a good crowd first.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

still waiting on getting that Sunday afternoon non-playoff game, which if I recall correctly, the last non-playoff afternoon game was the 22 win game vs. the Lakers in 2008 (ABC picked up because of our streak), last playoff Sunday afternoon game was the Mother's Day Massacre vs. Lakers in 2009

10. dianelo

dianelo Member

The Lakers have just missed last year playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  11. dianelo

dianelo Member

You may not even see some of their key players if Pop decided to rest them.

12. scottie brooks

When do they release the give away night schedule? I'm wondering what bobbleheads will be coming out.

13. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

The Rockets had a non-playoff ABC game last season against Miami (when Bev dunked all over Bosh's head).

14. Scarface281

For the marquee Sunday afternoon game? Don't think it would be too hard.

15. Scarface281

Yeah but that was away. Rockets never get the home ABC game.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I'm glad most of our games are on the road on national TV, it's really an embarassement to see our arena on TV with the lower bowls empty as ****, quiet crowd and people showing up waaayyy too late!!

Home opener vs. Boston is a little bit boring, so I don't expect even that game to be sold out. I don't blame fans though, especially if your GM and the owner give you the whole sphiel about how good we got this off-season. We will be tough to watch this year.

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Grizzlies got the biggest shaft though

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Sometimes though those nationally televised home games have late starts if it's the 2nd half of a doubleheader. And in those situations, people are in their seats(assuming they attend the game at all) by tipoff.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

This is all just opinion but I'd thought these games are must-sees this year.
    Top 10 Marquee Games for Houston in 2014-2015 Season
    - October 28th: Rockets @ Lakers
    Nothing like the first game of the season to be against a hated rival. Harden vs Kobe in a passing-of-the-torch game, Lin and Howard against their former teams. Expecting a lot of boos, and I'm expecting a Rockets win after an intense duel between Harden and Kobe (assuming Kobe is back to his '13 form)

- November 6th: Spurs @ Rockets
    Our first look at the defending champs. We did a pretty good job last season of taking them on, having swept the season series. With them being the same, and us having gone though some major changes, will we still be up to the challenge? Or will we be knocked down a notch?

- November 22nd: Mavericks @ Rockets
    The fact that no station picked this up blows my mind. The first match-up between Dallas and Houston, and Parsons' return to Houston. I can't think of a more salty off-season between two teams, and I think their will be some conflict during the game. Hope our fans are rowdy this game, because our team needs to show the world that we won't miss "Chandsome (lol)' one bit. Ariza pls fire off like 6 threes.

- January 7th: Rockets @ Cavaliers
    Red Nation attempts to dethrone the King & his Wine compatriots. Eager to see how our Dynamic Duo deal with the Big 3 in Ohio. They are the top dog in the East right now, even with a poor bench and questionable defense, so it's important we go into their house and leave our mark.

- January 21st: Rockets @ Warriors
    Two secondary contenders in the slugfest that is the West. We used to have some sort of rivalry but I'm not sure what happened to it. Anyway, expect a lot of long-range bombing and a fast-paced exciting game. Oracle Arena crowd is AMAZING.

-February 4th: Bulls @ Rockets
    Just like Cleveland, Chicago is one of the best in the East. Rose returning only adds more fire to it. Can Bev keep such a star in check? It remains to be seen. Gritty, slow-paced defensive team vs. fast-paced offense-orientated squad. Good show. Hope this ends up like Christmas 2012.

- Feb 10th: Rockets @ Suns
    I think a lot of folks sleep on Phoenix. They'll be in the middle of the playoff hunt yet again, and I'm sure some sweat is on our collars. They could be the ones to steal a spot from us. Fun team to watch due to their fast paced, guard heavy system. Also, Goran Dragic's return home to Phoenix after the trade ;)

- March 11th: Rockets @ Trailblazers
    0.9 seconds. All that needs to be said. Right the wrongs of May and stomp out the Blazers. We were the better team. And we still are.

- March 15th: Rockets @ Clippers
    - Sunday afternoon game. Frankly, I'm tired of getting our asses kicked non-stop by the Clippers. I sure hope the Rockets are to. Here's hoping we get rid of the monkey on our backs and show the Clips that our guard-big tandem is just as good as theirs.

- April 5th: Rockets @ Thunder
    Durant vs. Harden. Bev vs. Westbrook. Howard vs. Angry New Zealander. Bad blood is everywhere between these two teams. A sunday afternoon spectacular on ABC. With the playoffs near, this will pit two contenders (hopeful in our case) against each other. Could decide playoff seeding and show us who we really are.

Honorable Mentions:
    - November 4th: Rockets @ Heat
    **** you, Bosh. You 'leavin-at-the-altar' piece of ****. With that out of the way, we get a chance to look at the retooled Heat AND vent our frustrations out on Bosh's team and show him what could've been if he came to Texas. Hope it wins the Fan Night vote.

- November 12th: Rockets @ Timberwolves
    Highly interested in seeing Andrew Wiggins in action. Will he be the star that he's hyped up to be i.e. McGrady 2.0? Or is he going to choke and fall victim to icy Minnesota's curse.

- December 11th: Rockets @ Kings
    We would all enjoy a Howard-Cousins big-man duel, and frankly the Kings had our number last season. I also think the Kings have a weird roster with mismatched pieces that's fun to watch. And maybe at this point, they'll have swung a deal for Rondo?

- December 17th: Rockets @ Nuggets
    An odd choice at first. Denver has had quite the fall from grace, going from a Division champ to basement dweller. With all their main pieces finally becoming healthy, are they back to being in the playoff hunt? Our Rockets will have to deal with the high altitude of Denver to find out.

- January 8th: Rockets @ Knicks
    The game where we beat the hell out of the Knicks at Madison Square Garden and make Carmelo Anthony regret ever signing on the dotted line. At this point, expect the Knicks to have a below .500 record.

20. team3d

team3d Member

07/11/2012 rockets sign jeremy lin
    07/26/2012 NBA announce rockets vs bulls on chrismas day game
    10/27/2012 thunder trade james harden to the rockets

07/12/2014 rockets traded jeremy lin to the lakers
    08/13/2014 NBA release 2014-15 schedule & rockets miss the cut for chrismas day game.