1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jordan Hill could still be a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

#clutchfans

Dont know how yet, but everyone I talk to thinks Knicks PF Jordan Hill somehow ends up a Rocket. Makes sense w/ Landry gone.

#NYPost_Berman

Arn Tellem tells me 3-way talks ongoing between Knicks-Rockets-Kings and could well be the same Knick players involved without the picks.

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

This would get some bitter taste out of my mouth from losing Landry :(

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

That'd be nice.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Makes more sense that the straight up trade with Kings. Morey is smarter than that.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

makes perfect sense. Morey would not just leave a whole in the PF spot.

6. Yao Rambis

Yao Rambis Member

Make it happen! That would turn this into a no-brainer.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Honestly, I've thought (Us getting Hill) that since I saw the traded names. That seems to be the only reason Morey decided to include Carl in the first place.

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

CARL LANDRY>JORDAN HILL! Imma miss ya buddy! I wish I coulda said goodbye! :( :( Like that Titanic song goes, "MY HEART WILL GO ON! I, I, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!" :( :(

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Awesome, that would definitely explain why we let Mandry go.

I'll miss the big dude, but this is why you build up value in a guy like Landry and trade him for a lottery pick with potential to be something better.

Potentially of course being key.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah I was thinking this last night. We get Jeffries and Hill. Sac keeps Thomas but gets hughes and dorsey and Landry. Doesn't work money wise but it's close.

So what that would mean is jeffries, Hill and armstrong for Landry and Dorsey and Tmac for Martin... Now that's a better deal. The problem is we are giving the most so everyone has to come within that 25% of 26 mil and Sac doesn't make it. Still possible though

#10 Old Man Rock, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

When I say I don't know how, I mean I really don't know how it would work -- that just is the overall sentiment from everyone, that Hill comes here somehow, someway. You would think if the Kings take McGrady that it would be them in control to get additional assets, but it would depend on who takes Jeffries I would imagine. I'm sure details are constantly changing right now as we speak...

12. anc12

anc12 New Member

This has to be the deal. I cannot imagine the Knicks just letting the trade deadline pass without doing anything. Things have to be going down to the wire. Hill will work well in the new rotation taking pressure off of Scola.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

ahh thanks for the update. What do u think would be fair to receive so this deal make a little more sense?

14. httx713

httx713 Member

This is the only way I can see as a good deal otherwise Morey might be in for a lot of criticism the remainder of this year and next. I like Morey but I'm not in love with him like most of the rockets fans.. If after that many trade scenarios all we end up is with K-mart and a bag of stiffs then the trade is sucks because we not only lost Landry but we had the most sought out contract in the league in T-mac and all we got in return is k-mart that's it... We need that power forward from the knicks. We'll see; Ariza will be pissed if he has to go to the bench and Shane might not say much but I'm sure he's not too happy going back to the bench.. By the way, who's gonna be the rockets primary scorer coming off the bench when K-mart, brooks, ariza, scola and shane are having a bad shooting night ??...

15. LScolaDominates

Hill has two years of team options after next season. If he works out, we could be set at the PF position for years without having to commit much cap space.

1 person likes this.
  16. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

How do you leave a whole in the PF spot? A whole player would be nice.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hope Hope

18. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

I've been expecting to see Jordan Hill still coming here ever since I first heard of the deal.

My question... is who the hell would the Kings possibly want from NY though? And who takes back Jefferies, us or Sactown?

19. IngiGo-

IngiGo- Member

So... a rookie who never got the consistent min due to all star pf david lee you can just assume carl is better than Hill? wut the hell? I bet you dont even remember the fact that we have Scola

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

So we get a garbage player to replace Landry....NICE!!