1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Felton's two-year, $15.8M contract with Knicks finalized

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BetterThanEver, Jul 11, 2010.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I like this deal for NY.

Felton was the only player that would take a 2 year guaranteed contract.

No free agents are willing to short contracts, when a new CBA could reduce the amount of money they make in a new contract.

They went with Felton and had to pay a higher price for each year, since there is no guarantee. It gives the flexibility to chase Chris Paul in free agency in 2012.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's a great signing for the Knicks and unlike the Golden State trade, this one hurts the value of our Knicks' picks.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well because he's a floor general who can push the ball and run the offense. no doubt he will have a breakout year and be considered the second best player on that team.

4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

The Felton-Amare pick and roll will be a treat to watch.

With all these point guards getting lucrative offers, makes you wonder how much money will Lowry get and if the Rockets will really match any offer.

Felton/Douglas
    Chandler/House/Auzubuke
    Gallinari/Walker
    Amare/Randolph
    Turiaf/Jordon/Curry

Not a bad lineup. I think they will fight for the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm not concerned. This will be a pretty poor team.

Stoudemire, Curry
    Randolph, Turiaf
    Galinari, Chandler
    Azubuike, Walker
    Felton, Douglas

This might be the most atrocious defending/rebounding group ever assembled in the NBA. And the team's assist ratio should be hilarious.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What you say? No Lowry?

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I say they still make the playoffs as the 8th seed in the East.

Heat
    Magic
    Bulls
    Hawks
    Celtics
    Bucks
    Bobcats
    Knicks

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

With PG's like Felton and Duhon getting lucrative offers from teams, what will a superior point guard like Lowry command?

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

People don't know he's superior.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

can you name 8 teams in the east that are better than them? yes they look pretty bad and may only win 35-40 games at most, but it might be enough to make the playoffs in the east.

11. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

I'm confused, I know there were talks about Randolph goin to NY but I didn't see anything confirmed?

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In other words, people are right in believing he's not superior.

13. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

I would say that Lowry > Duhon, but saying hes better than felton might be a stretch. Felton is a very underated point guard in the league for a while. Very consistent. He is a proven starter. It is close but i would say for the main fact that he's proven it, Felton>Lowry.

14. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

definitely think lowry is only = to felton at best. Felton was marred by a crappy rookie season, but he's actually pretty good. i would definitely have to think hard if NY offered felton for lowry.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have said it before and I'll say it again. The Cavs are going to be better than the Knicks even without Lebron. Especially if they make a deal for somebody like Al Jefferson.

I also think that under the helm of Avery Johnson, it's possible the Nets could be better than the Knicks.

And if Amar'e spends any time on the injured list? Good god.

16. Williamson

Not Zach. Anthony. It happened. David Lee sign and trade to GS for Randolph, Azuibuke and Turiaf.

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Knicks made out like bandits in that deal.

You guys are greatly underestimating Kelenna Azulbuike and Anthony Randolph. Plus Turiaf is solid.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no one is saying that wasn't a good deal for them, but it didn't make them a playoff contender. getting an above average starting PG does.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Last year 41 was the magic number, and I don't think it'll be significantly lower now.

First, let me make clear that I'm not and I haven't said that they'll be the worst team in the league and give us a top 3 pick. Any time I've guessed, I've put the high water mark at #7.

Washington and Toronto are obviously going to be abysmal and finish with fewer wins than NYK. Pacers, Sixers, and Pistons probably will as well.

The Magic, Hawks, Heat, and Bulls are a very clear cut above.

I personally feel the Bucks and Celtics are going to do better.

I think the Knicks are going to be fighting with the Cavs, Nets, and Bobcats for the last two spots. And I'm not putting my money on them. Like I said, I don't expect much in terms of their rebounding, defense, and teamwork.

There's a chance they flip Curry into a real difference maker in February. There's a better chance (IMO) that they will implode behind Amare's selfish tendencies and me-first attitude. He's one of the last guys in the league I would want to build around.

1 person likes this.
  20. Williamson

This. And while I love Anthony Randolph's potential, his knock is his maturity and work ethic. Now Amar'e Stoudemire is going to be his team captain and role model. Great.