1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, May 5, 2009.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the lakers way overpaid for him. They are even talking about this on the lakers board. He is big, but I don't think he makes the lakers that much better.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

He made shots last night I didn't think he could make..He's all right. He can get better..

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

All NBA Players are overpaid. Centers are very rare. U dont have many Yaos or Dwights.

Bynum > Oden but that is not saying much.

4. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Dude's work ethic is suspect and he gets dominated by big Players including Oden, Howard and Yao. He's looks good on feeds from Kobe and playing around talented players who can pass him the balls in great spots.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I haven't watched him all year, but I've seen him have some good games. He seems to be a quality big man with a pretty good upside. It's kind of hard to overpay for that today. I refuse to judge him against Yao. Yao will eat his lunch, but Yao eats Dwight's lunch as well. Good big men are valuable players. Even good big men that aren't Yao or Dwight Howard.

6. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Oden has more talent than Bynum.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Bynum is a foul machine, and has suffered 2 knee injuries in the past 2 years.

8. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

No editing just emphasizing...

:D :D

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I always thought Bynum was overrated. His shot is so goofy looking, too. At the start of the game yesterday, he made a nice move on Yao and got an easy bucket prompting me to think "hey, maybe I was wrong." Shortly after, he got his second foul, making ignore that thought.

How much did the Lakers invest into him anyway?

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Bynum isn't bad, Yao is just that damn good, let's give credit where credit is due. ;)

Actually I think Bynum's development has been hampered by injuries so there's still a lot of potential there.

11. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

a big man who as a 20 year old averaged 13-10-2 while shooting above 60 % from the field and while playing under 30 minutes per game can't be overrated at all.

bynum is 21 years old and had to overcome two major injuries. give the kid some time. from a skill and talent standpoint he can become the most complete big man of the nba. he has a huge body and pretty solid athleticism. he's already proven that he can be one of the best in shot blocking and rebounding. he's also shown pretty decent post moves and a solid shooting touch.

he will easily become a 20-10-2 guy if he stays healthy. at some point the lakers will be his team and yao will pass the torch to him and he'll be the new most skilled center of the nba.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't know, he sure has packed on some muscle

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It's not just about avgerages. If you watch him play he doesn't have a go to move. Even dhoward has a running hook. I don't know if he turns into a real 20-10 guy.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This reminds me of how people here ridiculed Carlos Boozer after game 1 in 2007 before he destroyed Yao and the Rockets the remainder of the series. Not saying Bynum will do that, but I expect him to contribute (not dominate) before the series is over.

15. Asian Sensation

Exactly. This is just another rash reaction thread after 1 game. He's a very good player and he will definitely contribute.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

While I do agree with the assessments that it's too early to judge, calling him a "very good player" at this point in his career is simply incorrect.

17. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

That was a contract year... and he got PAID for it.

18. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

oh yeah. and he only played 30 games for that 13/10...

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bynum was a scary tear right before he went down mid-season with that injury. He was coming into his own, was prioritized more on offense, and starting dominating lesser centers.

20. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

he is horrible.