1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Undrafted Free Agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Who are some of the player who weren't drafted that you might want the Rockets to take a look at signing?

I like Dionte Christmas, AJ Abrams, Luke Nevill, Connor Atchley, Leo Lyons, Josh Heytvelt, Paul Delaney, Paul Harris, Lee Cummard, Joe Ingles, Curtis Jerrels, Jerel McNeal, Vyacheslav Kravtsov, Jeff Adrien, John Bryant, Chris Johnson, Brandon Costner, Josh Carter, Kevin Rogers, and Alade Aminu

2. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

After watching Abrams and Atchley all year being a longhorn....Abrams seems to have a chance to prove himself

3. Strawman

Strawman Member

Alade Aminu and Dionte Christmas. Although, signing Christmas wouldn't be a good idea because we have so many young guards.

4. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Josh Heytvelt & Dionte Christmas, please!
    Size and another SG. :)

5. Ashes

Ashes Member

Christmas in July.

6. worzel gummidge

Rockets:
    Brooks, Lowry
    McGrady, Barry, (Taylor)
    Battier, White, (Budinger)
    Scola, Landry, Cook
    Yao, Hayes, Dorsey

SL roster:
    Barerra
    Taylor, Newley
    Budinger, White
    Leunen
    Dorsey

Agents looking at team needs might think the Rockets are good team to showcase a big man. Maybe a 7 footer like Luke Nevill will agree to play fot the Rockets SL team?

7. HTR99

HTR99 Member

A.J. Abrams can definitely put points on the board but doubt he'll be signed as he is under 6 feet and we already, for the time being, have AB who is 6 feet. We're a team looking to avoid short position players as we already seem to have a premium on them. I love our guys but we do need height which AJ doesn't have.

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

doubt we go after any since Budinger nor Taylor have guaranteed contracts....

9. worzel gummidge

Second rounders aren't guaranteed contracts. Morey said in the press conference that they might ask Taylor and Budinger to head overseas if they don't make the roster.

10. Mr Dooley

Mr Dooley Member

hi guys,

ive seen joe ingles play several times and he is very smooth on offense. worth a spot in the SL team or training camp. needs a bit more strength to compete on D, but is deff worth a look.

Mr Dooley

11. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I want Christmas.

12. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Lyons isn't a bad player. Can spread the floor at the 4 and can shoot.

13. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

Forgot Ron there, whom I believe is Rockets' top priority this summer.

I, as a Longhorns fan, would love to see Connor Atchley in action in summer league, hopefully for the Rockets. He's long, atheletic, and has a pretty sweet shot and a good weak-side shot blocker. He may not be NBA material, but I'd like to give him a chance to work out and showcase what he can do at the pro level.

14. worzel gummidge

Unsigned, not on Rockets roster.

15. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

Our team seriously needs to be looking at Nevill, Ademinu, Heytvelt and decide which one would be the best defender and rebounder/shot blocker if we want to compete with the bigger teams like L.A., Cleveland.....

16. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

I know, but I just cannot fathom him not being on the Rockets' roster next season.

Anyways, carry on

17. kc-rocks99

kc-rocks99 New Member

Look for backup BIGS (undrafted) -Heytvelt, any skilled euro >7 ft.
    or get Camby.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Luke Nevill would be a good pickup for the summer league team. If he plays well, give the guy a training camp invite.

One guy who I think will catch on with a team and have a decent career is Paul Harris. Dude is built like a mack truck. He's a 6-3 version of Ron Artest. An absolute NBA-level lockdown defender. Some of the top prospects wanted nothing to do with him in pre-draft workouts. If not for the Rockets' selections of Taylor and Budinger, I would totally be for the Rockets signing Harris to the roster. Still, a summer league invite would be nice.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nevill would be fine.I don't know who Paul Harris is,why would someone avoid him unless he the reputation of being a cancer?

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Paul Harris should have went back for his senior year. Didn't even get drafted smh.

Eric Devendorf left early too and did not get drafted.

Wow