1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Of all the teams that didn't make the playoffs...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hydhypedplaya, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

what team do you think will vastly improve next season?

I think the wizards are going to be a pretty good team next year. Caron Butler has really become something special. The guy can do it all. With a healthy Arenas and a more experienced Butler I think this team can really inflict damage on the league. Hopefully they start playing some team ball rather than just having their 3 stars ISO one after another.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think the Pacers will be a playoff team next year. They have some nice pieces.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I nominate Charlotte. Okafor is solid, Felton really came into his own towards the end of the season, Gerald Wallace is that x-factor that can carry this team to some great upsets and they have a chance at picking up some talent in teh draft!

As for the Wiz, I agree with you except I can't help but feel like they'll disappoint again. They are the classic "paper tiger" team.

Notable mention: Indiana

4. BrooksBall

I'm not sure Felton will be back next year even though he played well down the stretch. I believe his contract is expiring and they may like Augustin enough to hand him the reigns.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've picked the Wizards to do well nearly every year and they've failed me. I give up now. (Since I said that, watch them finally be healthy and finish top 4 in the East).

I picked Portland last year just before the pre-season. It's hard to make an informed choice before free-agency and the draft, but let's go with the Thunder. Their big 3 all will improve, Kristic will be there the entire year, they will get a high draft choice and their owner seems willing to spend money. I think they will be the NBA's most-improved team. If Memphis had a good coach and a decent owner, maybe them. But even besides that, something isn't right with that team.

6. BrooksBall

I have a feeling the Thunder are still two years away from making a big jump.

Memphis may approach .500 next season. Gasol gives them a decent big to replace Gasol. Conley should continue to improve. Gay needs to take another step forward and become a smarter, more complete player. Not sure about the coaching situation.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Just out of curiosity, do you guys see the Suns making the playoffs next yr?

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I think the Thunder need at least one more year to improve, but damn does their future look good. They are just too raw right now. Actually the more I think about it the more I realize you just might be right...Ever since Scott Brooks took over they seemed to play really good. They might surprise a lot of people next year if they continue to listen to their coach.

Indiana has a good chance of really emerging as a solid team in the East. They will hopefully have Danny Granger the whole year and not miss the playoffs.

9. Asian Sensation

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bucks hung around without arguably their 2 best players and Ridnour playing with 1 hand. And you guys love Sessions who they will re-up.

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I see good things from Durant and the Thunders. Kristic have done well, westbrook will improve. Green have found his niche at the PF spot. Durant will be an All star next season. All they need is a good pick at the up coming draft and a couple solid trades to bring in a big man and bench. They will be competing for the 8th spot next season along with Suns and Dallas.

12. STIX

STIX Member

I would think the Thunder they have three young great players Durant, Green, and Westbrook sorta of a mini big three with somewhat of a good role players.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Wizards have obviously been in tank mode almost all season in hopes for the number 1 draft pick. They have Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison and were a playoff team last year. Yet they only manage 19 wins in the East? Give me a break.

14. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

From the East the Wizards and Bobcats for reasons stated above... I think if the Warriors can make a couple of trades to better suit them they could get back up in the playoff hunt too.

15. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I will pick the Wizards and Thunder...

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

17. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

I like the Wizards and the Bobcats

18. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I think the OKC Thunders will become a contender next season, to replace suns which have already actually quitted being a playoff team. Kevin Durant plays like a beast this season so does Jeff Green, it's expectable those two guys will lead the Thunders to the level that we can hardly imagine, just like the Blazers in this season. :cool:

19. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

yup the bucks will also become a big force to run for the playoffs as the competition for the postseason seat in the eastern conference isn't as tough as that of the west. It was definitely an awesome move for the bucks to trade yi last summer, with Jefferson and Redd both healthy the bucks will also become a playoff team next season. :cool:

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

easily the thunder. durant will be top 1-2 scorer next year. and if they get a good draft pick next year (dream for them would be that OU guy) they will extremely good.