1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glad to see Lowry finish the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smallpotato, Mar 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

I'm really glad to see Lowry finish the game ,tonight RA made the right decision :D
    When AB is in,our defense sucks,and he is s shot-first player,when we are leading,he never passes the ball and just shooting 3s or drive to the rim and got blocked.Lowry never force to shot and he passes more to other players,that's why we win today...... ;)

2. subzor

subzor Member

brooks actually did a nice job defending paul for the most part, the only thing is wafer can score better than him and lowry can pass better than him

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

AB is a good shooter, it is his job to shoot. I am sick of you idiots not understanding that. Why do you think Rick liked Bibby so much. He wasn't just a passer, but a scoring/shooting threat

4. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Actually Brooks did pretty mediocre tonight on the defensive end guarding CP3,givin' Paul too many chances to shoot the ball and get his points.Aaron needs to work his tail off to improve his defense technique on how to defend the screen.

Lowry did pretty awesome defense on Paul the entire second half,I was totes impressed with his performance.His strong body allows him to do more than AB. :D

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I like Lowry closing out the games. He doesn't panic under pressure and he keeps the offense rolling. He looks so confident out there, and that is what we need down the stretch when the intensity is at it's highest. That is how you close out games; don't panic, run the offense, play smart, and keep a level head.

6. platinum

platinum Member

Rox actually win in 4th quarter. It is Lowry on the point guard. It is the differece of this game vs spur's game.

7. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

I'm not saying that he cant shoot,I'm saying that Lowry do better than him in the 4th to keep teammates rolling,that's the most important part in the game,you cant shoot everytime ,I think Lowry do better than him.
    AB is a good shooter,but Lowry is a good PG,so,why not let Lowry to finish the game?

8. yearning

yearning Rookie

Mike Bibby got average 6.5 AST per game in Sacramento and 8.1 AST per game in his sophomore season. AB is just 3.0 AST this season. Bibby>>>>>>>>Brooks.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Eat crow, Rafer-Lovers/Lowry-Haters!

10. Roxlover

Roxlover Member

Agree with it.

Someone said rox win cuz without Yao in 4th.

In fact, it's Lowry to make Rox win in 4th quarter.

in Other games, Adalm always use Brooks in 4th quarter.

Tonight it's a wise dicision for Adalm, otherwise Rox would lose the game.

11. phil2000

phil2000 Member

A idiot calling himself when not understanding THAT .
    It is the PG

12. limedeal

limedeal Member

It's a point guard's job to shoot? Isn't that what shooting guard is for? I think our starting shooting guard is Ron Artest, and he does a good job of throwing up shots. Maybe Brooks should start throwing up passes.

13. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

I'm still confused why RA didnt let Lowry to finish the game VS spurs when Brooks couldnt do anything to guard Parker :mad:

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He's a 40% shooter and a 36% three point shooter. If it is his job to shoot he needs to be fired.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I believe Lowry has a competitive nature in him like Artest and Yao and Battier and Scola. This is what drive him to be great.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You eat crow. There aren't really any Lowry haters around here, just Brooks-haters-haters. :p

17. blender

blender Member

Man, that's not true. Brooks did a lot of drive and dishes that resulted in open looks and esp. potential open 3s, but guys like Artest and Battier could not make them tonight. We were 4-20 from the 3-point line. That's not on Brooks.

Lowry, OTOH, is a more creative and fluid distributor and so since our outside shooting was shaky, I think it made more sense going with him in the fourth quarter. Plus, physically, he matched up better with Chris Paul.

But honestly, I get annoyed with all the silly Lowry vs. Brooks and Landry vs. Scola arguments. We're lucky to have GREAT tandems at both positions and a coach who knows how to be creative in his matchups. Who cares who starts and who finishes? Just enjoy it.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

AB is a scorer not a shooter. Glad to see Lowry finish the game tonight. He looks efficient out there on both ends of the floor.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

What you fail to understand that CP3 scoring 29 ends up being a loss for New Orleans because no else gets involved in the game. Just like Nash last week who went off on the Rockets for 32 and got an L. We only need AB and Lowry to make him work for everyone point and get into a game of one one one.

20. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

AB 6-8 14pts 1reb 2assists 3TOs
    Lowry 1-1 6pts 5reb 3assists 1TOS 2stls