1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coffee drinkers, where y'all at?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheke64, Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

With the new crazy job schedule, coffee has become my best friend.

1. I don't even know how to make coffee. I'll Probably buy the little machine.
    2. What coffee taste good?
    3. Creamers, I add till it taste like chocolate milk.
    4. Don't walk around with a coffee pot in the morning, the thirst is real.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

INB4 "drink it black or ur a woman"

And those Keurig makers are just fine. I have one. As for this statement, "Don't walk around with a coffee pot in the morning, the thirst is real." - I have no idea what that means.

3. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I have the Cusinart Grind & Brew coffee maker, its like 10 years old and I highly recommend buying something else. If you want good tasting coffee you can probably look on amazon for a coffee maker that is $40-$50 with good reviews and buy yourself a small grinder to grind fresh beans.

Always use clean H20 as well. Either bottled water or get a Brita water filter/pitcher.

This guy is my best friend whenever I have a food-related question:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/33kIj__tD90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

If you do any kind of research you will find your questions very controversial in the coffee world. ;)

My wife purchased a Keurig which is convenient but the coffee is just okay (and it gets expensive). I got one of those baskets that allows you to brew your own coffee in a Keurig and have been enjoying that (easy, convenient, better coffee).

What a LOT of people seem to recommend is that you:

• Buy a grinder
    • Buy a French Press
    • Get your coffee in whole beans

Grind up some coffee, put it in the bottom of the French Press, add really hot water (but not boiling) and enjoy. This allows you to make one or two cups, it's easy and seems to do a good job of making flavorful coffee. I will probably go this route at some point and just use the Keurig for hot water (which, btw, it is awesome for).

Learn to enjoy your coffee black so that you can actually enjoy the coffee and try a BUNCH of different kinds. Find what you like and repeat.

Someone somewhere on the internet posted a thread where people would complete the sentence: "I like my coffee like I like my (blank)..." My favorite was:

"I like my coffee like I like my girlfriends.... without my best friends dick in them! Backstabbing ass!"

1 person likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I use a chemex and a clever coffee maker. The clever is pretty darn simple and it makes coffee better than any coffee maker on the planet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8bjN3pDUU7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The grinder-French Press route makes some damn good coffee. But if your putting that much creamer in, it may not need to be that good of coffee.

I have the CBTL (coffee bean and tea leaf). The capsules are fairly cheap, and I love the way they taste. The machine is actually one that will make real espresso. Many machines don't have a high enough bar measurement. That may not matter to you.

It's super easy, and they have a great variety of products that you can use.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

expresso? lol what is that?

offer coffee= giving roses to a girl on valentines

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You buy a French Press that makes more than just a couple of cups of coffee. French Press is tasty but does require a little more effort. 111Chase's 3 bullets are correct, but I would add that if you use a french press then you will also need a thermos to hold the coffee after it is brewed. Don't leave it in the press.

I have a Cuisinart grinder that works fine and a Cuisinart coffee maker which we are very pleased with. It brews nice and hot and I would also recommend a thermal carafe it uses.

Obviously, buy whole bean. You just have to experiment to find the kind you like.

Stop dumping all that creamer in there. I prefer black but A little half and half is ok. At a certain point it just gets non-nonsensical to add as much creamer and sugar as some people do.

DOn't over grind your beans. Do a coarse grind with a french press and a medium with a filter.

When you brew your coffee, add a pinch of Kosher salt.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Expresso is the common mispelling of the word espresso.

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Instant and Black
    Hot and Quick

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Big fan of my Keurig and the Duncan Donuts brew with one packet of sweet and low. Cannot function in the morning without it.

[​IMG]

#12 LonghornFan, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

intrigued. will look into this. my breville coffee grinder/brewer is too loud, takes too long ("ain't nobody got time for that"), and uses too many beans. quality cup, but irritating.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

The best part of waking up is FOLGERS in your cup...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ujEqAi6-VGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1xRFrL9f9oA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MSl454jqwgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ Haha. Nice. I use FOLGERS right now at home.

I have been drinking the free coffee at work for about 15 years, and have always made the pot even if there was little still left. The coffee at the new place where I am makes me have heartburn... I don't know why. :(

I cut down on my sugar recently, only using 3 packets from six that I was doing before. I use two shots of creamer.

Since we moved to the new SwoLy home, we had been making coffee early in the morning. It was time for a change (mainly because the pot broke) from a 10-cup maker we have had since 2000. It was pretty simple, only one button, click-and-you're-done.

I bought Mrs. SwoLy this here programmable coffee maker that comes with a side "single-serve" two-way brewer from Hamilton Beach at Target: http://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-black-2-way-brewer/-/A-13372264#prodSlot=medium_1_2

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0q35oCcK2I?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0q35oCcK2I?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

When she's not going to work, I just put my cup under the single-serve and am ready to go. The side is convertible for tumblers and smaller cups, so you can fit them in there without having the coffee splash. The dispenser above the pot has a button that is pressed to dispense when the pot is there, and it closes when you remove the pot, so there's no drip. :cool: We program it for waking up, and by the time we're done getting ready in the morning it's ready to serve.

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I like my coffee the way I like my women after watching Coffy.

17. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Im glad im not addicted to coffee like most of yall. I pro have less than 5 cups through out the whole yr and that is only because at work we got a machine where it pours out mocha and capp.

Im 30 yrs old and have enough energy to go through the day with out needing caffeine in my system, i rarely drink sodas also.

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Peet's FTW

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Well it takes a little bit of time since you have to boil the water and you also have to let the grounds bloom. It's similar to french press coffee except you don't get the silt because of the filter and its much easier to clean up. I like it because it you get double the caffeine from letting the coffee soak.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Just poured me a cup 20 min ago because of this thread