1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

My brithday tomorrow. Was thinking of doing a restaurant tour. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ras137, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They both get packed. One time I had to go to Tookies because Stomps was too busy.

Not sure what you mean by "smaller burger". I get a 1 lb patty at Stomps.

But really you can't go wrong either way. And if those both fall through, you can go to T-Bone Tom's or Joe Lee's (not Joe's Crab Shack). All 4 are solid lunch spots in that area.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We always make sure the other activities are done before the meal.

3. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

I assume he's being sarcastic. Tookie's is the only place kinda cheap, I thought prices at the Breakfast Klub are insane. I think it is like 8.95 for two biscuits and gravy. Sure 8.95 for perhaps the best biscuits and gravy, but still insane.

4. Ras137

I don't know, the comparison piece I read on both said the burgers were smaller at Stomp's.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2013/03/burgers_off_the_beaten_path_st.php

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Cleverly disguised "Wish me a Happy Birthday" thread.

6. Ras137

I would, except I'm sure we will share a bottle off wine with dinner and alcohol tends to make my wife more "adventurous" and the other thing is I'm going to be driving my parent's car (I'm dropping my son off at their work and they will drive my car home because it is too difficult to move the car seat), so I'd like some time to sober up a bit, because I'm not really comfortable driving their car (I once had a minor accident at 18 and I don't think my father let me drive one of their cars again till I was like 27). So if something happened because of alcohol, well I would never ever hear the end of it.

7. Ras137

HA! My nefarious plan revealed!

8. Ras137

Speaking of Vic and Anthony's, does anybody prefer it to Pappas' Bros? When looking at steakhouses, those were my final two (like i said I was looking for local places). I chose Pappas for no real reason, but if the consensus here is for Vic and Anthony's I may change it.

9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

And he would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I have been to just about every steak house in Houston and they are both at the top of my list. You can't really go wrong with either one. Make reservations for whichever one you choose though.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What's your budget? Uchi, Masraff's, Mark's, Tony's (Italian off 59) are some good choices for dinner

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

...not to mention all the places you mentioned are nothing special

;)

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Happy Birthday and decent list. Personally I'd nix Tookies and add Max's Wine Dive though.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Better too.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Uchi is amazing. You're trippin.