1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Hunter X Hunter

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Change my mind on aldnoah.zero. I'm liking it, especially episode 3. I enjoy the action music as stated by junkyard_dog, liked their tactical approach to the battle. Will continue to follow.

Haven't heard much talk on Tokyo ghoul, anyone still following it? About to watch episode two now.

3. mikus

mikus Member

I'm following Tokyo Ghoul. It's interesting so far, but also not anything special to me yet. Since the consensus is that Aldnoah has picked up, I will also have to give it a try.

Currently watching Tokyo Ghoul, Akame Ga Kill, SAO II, HxH weekly right now.

I am enjoying SAO II and AGK quite a bit so far. Also following Legend of Korra this season, but that's in a separate thread.

4. ashiin

ashiin Member

Liking SAO II so far and waiting for it to fully kick off, I'm thinking about watching Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 since a friend of mine recommended it.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I only watched InuYasha because of that Kikyo character, one grenade woman although turn into dust later.

HxHunter is pretty cool now with interesting arcs.

Not a fan of the Greed Islando arc but the Chimera ant arc and President election arc ought to be fine.

6. baubo

baubo Member

I'm not a fan of Kirito either. But given popularity of SAO in Japan, shouldn't he be fairly popular?

7. mikus

mikus Member

Wow Killua was epic in this week's HxH.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Right? He's not playing around. I'm really taking a liking to alluka. I don't know about anyone else, but Dammit I consider alluka all female and not Transgender. Same for neferpitou (r.i.p.)

Anyone jump back on the Manga? Is it a monthly release? I hope they end up doing the dark continent arc

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm sure they are going to do the dark continent but after the election would be the perfect time for some filler episodes since the anime is getting pretty close to where the manga is at.

10. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Weekly release.

It's currently in the dark continent arc.

The editor said that there will be an event that will be one of the top three most shocking moment of HxH.

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

That's good news. I just hope togashi doesn't get tired and go back into hiatus after a couple months. think that happened in one of the last hiatus and another was his marriage. Point is, NO MORE HIATUS TOGASHI!

I kind of like how they're going about it now. Not sure if it's the same as the Manga where they'dshow fflashbacks of alluka etc. Would rather they go into greater detail on specific things than straight up filler episodes. At this point does it seem like they're going fast?

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I kinda wish the anime would just stop after the election arc because the mangaka is a slacker who hasn't put more than 3 years of material in the last 8 years.

13. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

He is the same guy who made YuYu Hakusho.

I'm pretty sure he'll be fine.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm not too sure since I only recently got into the anime and manga. Once I finally got into HxH it was at like episode 130 already. I think the anime will quickly catch up even if the mangaka is doing weekly releases from now on until the series is finished. I wouldn't be too mad at some filler episodes. Maybe something a little bit lighter then the dark...dark Chimera Ant arc. Especially since this Dark Continent arc is sounding like its going to be another intense story.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yes. I'm with you on this. Can we all just agree that Alluka is a girl, just like Pitou? Goddammt Togashi...

Not much else to say since most of my favorite series this season air Thursday through Sunday. Can't wait for Tokyo Ghoul and Zankyou no Terror tomorrow.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's a man, baby.

17. mikus

mikus Member

Ok that made me lol. :grin:

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Finally some Dandy talk in this thread! :eek:

19. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Gotta respect the man. There are no truer words.
    [​IMG]

20. AFS

AFS Member

Just finished Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. I liked it. Had the darkness of Attack on Titan with a plotline bearing some similarities to Battlestar Galactica. The animation and fight sequences were pretty fun to watch too.