1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There will be a huge difference in Madden, FIFA, and probably 2k this year vs. Last gen consoles.

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Waste of money at this point. Like others have said the price drop and more games is a must before I make the purchase.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

FIFA 15 looks like the bees knees

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Downloading the Destiny Beta right now.

5. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Same here 90%

6. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I hate to be greedy, Wakko was already nice enough to give me one of his extra beta codes (thanks again!), but are they also giving away extra codes for the Xbox One beta? If so, I would love to compare the 2 versions.

Thanks to Wakko, I've already played a bunch of the beta, but as has always been the case for me personally, I'm just not the biggest fan of FPS's on a Playstation. The controller just feels much more right on the 360 and the One. I don't know how to explain it, but head shots feel much more accurate for me with an xbox controller in my hands. This dates back to last gen, and at least with my short experience with the Destiny beta on the PS4, I am feeling the same way.

So if the only difference between the Xbox One and the PS4 version is a slight graphical upgrade on the PS4, I think I would end up preferring the Xbox One version. First, as stated above, the controller just feels more natural for a FPS for me, and two, I also prefer the xbox live experience when it comes to online gaming (although I am loving the Playstation Plus free games - this is where the original idea came from, so props to Sony, and it seems like the quality of games is overall better).

7. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I completely agree with you. I just cannot stand the PS controller for any game, especially FPS's.

Here's a code for the One: W63RJ-GHVFK-W3TKD-V27MD-CHJ9Z

1 person likes this.
  8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thank you kind sir. I can't wait to download this bad boy when I get home from work tonight, and see if there are huge differences between the two. I'm hoping it is just slight visual stuff, and I am hoping that performance like framerate is great for both. That way I can confidently go with the Xbox One version. I am not trying to get into a console war thing here, I have love for both.

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

I absolutely LOVED the ps2 controller, until I played HALO:CE for the first time and really got into FPS's. Nowadays I have to have an XBOX controller for an FPS or it feels weird.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's one of the reasons why Xbox One is the best console available at the moment for any platform...... The controller is hands down the best and its not even close.... A few more months till Master Chief collection and PS's death....

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

"Best console for any platform?" What does that actually mean? Aren't consoles platforms?

Lol no. Unless, of course, you only play shooters, since Xbox controllers are clearly better for shooters.

Ever tried using an Xbox controller for a fighting game? Yeah, no one else has either.

A glorified HD remake is going to single-handedly halt all of PS4's momentum and wipe away its sales lead?

Okay. I'll be over here playing Bloodborne.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I love the Xbox One so far, especially the fact that it's pretty much my all-in-one entertainment system, but it's sorely lacking in the games department (I feel like this is the case for all of the next-gen consoles, but I could be wrong).

Other than Titanfall, there really hasn't been any exclusives that have made me excited. The Halo Master Chief collection can't come soon enough. That's going to be terrific.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Dead rising is the best game on the Xbox.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I made the mistake of buying NBA 2k. That has been a complete and utter failure.

15. joesr

joesr Member

I absolutely hated the Park method of online myplayer

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, everybody loves that game, but it really just wasn't my thing back on the 360. Maybe it's improved and I should check it out.

Yeah, I own it. The online play is so beyond broken with the servers and such, but it's still my favorite game to sit down and play with a friend.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I was watching EVO 2014 and they were playing all the games on a 360. Most guys were naturally using arcade like joystick controllers. But some were using playstation style controllers. Nobody used a 360 controller.

18. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Exactly. :)

Point being, PS controllers and Xbox controllers are both great... just great at different things is all. Certainly neither is "hands down the best."

19. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

We can be teammates and not rivals!

20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Also, sorry for the double post, does anybody play battlefield 4? I'm looking for decent people to play with.