1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Request for ClutchFans Community Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Well, thanks for your honestly, I guess. However, it's a good thing my words changed your thought process...if I were driving behind you, things might have ended a little differently (if you were throwing trash on our city streets). Don't Mess With Texas!

Please don't troll this thread, members. I am interested in genuine inquiries only, not jokes. Let's try to stay on topic at doing a good deed here.

2. Roc Paint

Let me first start off by thanking everyone who has volunteered for our Clutch Community charity event. We'd like more representation, if anyone else is willing to get involved. We can only do a little without the assistance of our friends! I appreciate your support a great deal. THANK YOU.

Whether anyone knows it or not, you are ALL involved in this. No matter what your personal wants or needs may be, or the wants and needs of your community, we are willing to assist those (in the Houston area) with our time, if nothing more.

Like I said earlier, we chose the Houston Food Bank as our first venue due to BigBird's recommendation and finalsbound commitment. And we thank YOU both for that!

Its time to sign up!

P.S. Please look for future events...the VA, childrens hospitals, park clean-ups, elderly homes, wounded warriors...the list can go on and on. We need your support and recommendations. We are merely here to help Houston.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

3. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I can volunteer

4. Roc Paint

lue03, we are counting on you!!

Okay everyone, tomorrow night (Friday) is the deadline to sign up for this particular event (the HFB requires a one-week scheduled head count) so please, please, please sign up if you are considering helping us out. If you do not know how to sign up, please reply to this post or email me directly and I will send you the link to our Clutch Community page on the Houston Food Banks website and you can sign yourself up there.

We appreciate your support.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

hope it went through

6. Roc Paint

Yes, I believe so...we received a new entry on the HFB website under our Clutch Community group. Thank you so much for joining us in this effort!

7. Roc Paint

I've got to bump this because time is ticking.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I registered. I unfortunately might have a conflict for the 26th, but as of right now I'm good to go

9. Roc Paint

Nice to hear BigBird. I hope everything works out where you can join us. :cool:

10. Roc Paint

I'd like to take this time to thank everyone who has officially signed up for our first event at the HFB. I personally didn't think we'd have as many contributors as we do, I commend you all for your participation. There are a few people I'd like to personally thank, one being my wife RocRouge...thank you honey, you've made me a better man. I would also like to thank Clutch for allowing me to reach out to his CF community...without this site, none of this would be possible. Thanks again, Clutch. Unfortunately, I am unable to thank each and every person who has responded willingly to this thread due to the fact that the CF handles and email addresses differ. I have a pretty good idea of who has confirmed for this Saturday and I appreciate you all and am looking forward to meeting you. Please wear your Rocket red!

On a side note, I have developed a Clutch Community "social group" for anyone and everyone to join. Please find us under the Community tab at the top of the page. We are looking forward to your contributions and recommendations for future Clutch Community events. Please join us and/or subscribe.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Subscribed!

12. Roc Paint

Thanks for your subscription! Your first nudie mag is expected to arrive in two weeks... :p LOL Kidding, of course. I absolutely appreciate your commitment.

13. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it Saturday. I hope y'all have a good time and I look forward to being able to contribute in the future if I'm able.

14. NateNate

NateNate Member

It's too late to join for this weekend correct?

1 person likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

*edit

#55 Roc Paint, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  16. Roc Paint

Contact Milly Jones via e-mail or try to call her at 713-547-8604. Just let her know you are with the Clutch Community Group.

I don't see why not since BigBird opted out.

Good luck!

-Roc Paint

#56 Roc Paint, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  17. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

My husband (Roc Paint) and I have big plans for the Clutch Community. Since we have officially reached "lift off" level, we intend to order t-shirts, with our own version of a "Clutch Community" logo, in the old school 'ketchup and mustard' colors (my husband refuses to wear the new color scheme/design) for each and every person who comes out to support the charity events we have organized, and the future events we intend to organize. That's right - it's not going to be a one time event, y'all...we intend to initiate monthly events until we can pickup bi-weekly support. :grin:

Unfortunately, our first Houston Food Bank (HFB) event will occur prior to us having the logo template complete, therefore we will ship the t-shirts to all the HFB volunteers once the shirts arrive from the vendor. (BTW, our initial preference was to make all shirts sizes XL, however please let us know if you prefer an alternate size and we will try to accommodate).

This will be our way of saying "thank you" for your Clutch Community commitment and your dedication to helping others in our community.

18. NateNate

NateNate Member

Nice, i may have +2 though. I will call and see whats up

19. Roc Paint

Were you able to sign up with our group for the 26th?

20. Roc Paint

Your Upcoming Volunteer Shift

Hello Kevin,

We look forward to having your group Clutch Community volunteer with us on 07/26/2014 from 01:00 PM - 04:00 PM at our Warehouse. However, we noticed that you do not have as many registrants as you do number of requested spaces. Please contact anyone who has not registered or log in to your account at houstonfoodbank.civicore.com to update the number of spaces needed.

Every Adult must register in our system before volunteering. Please share the following link with your volunteers in order to register with your group: http://houstonfoodbank.civicore.com...tional&opportunities_shifts_id=5793&fwID=8588

If you are going to be late or need to leave early, please re-schedule. Please make every effort not to cancel as we plan our production based on your participation. If you need to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible.

Make sure you remember to wear close-toed shoes so your feet are protected and dress in layers so you will be comfortable throughout your shift. If you are scheduled for Keegan Kitchen, please wear LONG PANTS - NO SHORTS ALLOWED.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 713-547-8604 or volunteernow@houstonfoodbank.org.

Thank you,

The Houston Food Bank Volunteer Team