1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy baseball league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Feb 18, 2002.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

We'll be going with a 14(!) team league this year. This should be a lot different from the ten team league we had last season. Scarcity becomes a <b>much</b> bigger factor.

Anyway, the voting ballots will be sent out shortly via email. Here are the choices for new members.

- Puedlfor
    - DrewP
    - dc rock
    - SteveFrancis3
    - kidrock8
    - WoodlandsBoy
    - Georock
    - Castor27
    - TheCat

We have eight returning members, so six people will be selected from this list. Unfortunately, three will be eliminated.

For those who want to join, now is your chance to campaign for yourself and try to get votes.

Remember, the baseball season is really long and we don't want any owners wimping out halfway through (ie: franchise3). So, if you are easily discouraged or prone to lose interest, now is the time to back out.

After new members are elected, we'll sort out draft details.

Good luck.

#1 fadeaway, Feb 18, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2002
  2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I want in so i don't have to screw with those lame ass yahoo leagues any longer. I don't have any plans of dropping out since that is the thing that ticks me off in my previous experiences with this.

CK

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I want in for the same reason-- no activity at Yahoo. I win practically every year, but it's no challenge because no one participates. :( I also want to make up for my lousy fantasy basketball team! :mad:

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Fantasy games at the highest level ain't as easy as beating up on minor leaguers, is it Cat?:)

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Haha... yeah, your leagues are definitely more challenging, but I still think my basketball team would've been/will be good if I can ever get everyone healthy at one time. Now that I will finally be getting healthy production from McDyess (via trade), Shaq is sitting out with his damn sore toe. Oh well... I'm still better than Crisco! :D

6. Georock

Georock Member

I want in for the reasons already expressed here. After the draft, almost everyone forgets that is participating in a fantasy league, so it´s basically a matter of time for you to get the players who are producing and win the league.

Also, I think it would be really nice to play with people I know, even if it´s only by this BBS, because here we can exchange opinions about the league and others topics. Besides, the people from my university don´t have really much enthuasiasm all season long, and becomes basically the same thing with yahoo.

And, hey, I could be the international member of the league!!!! From the land of the shortstops (Aparicio, Vizquel, etc.), the Big Cat, and, of course, Oscar Torres.

7. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Umm, since everyone is campaigning...

...I've been one of the most active members in haven's baseball league, BGM and Cat's basketball leagues, moes' football league, and even pretty active in heath's soccer league. So it shouldn't be any different here. :D

Oh, and I want in because I am sick of collusion. Man, I don't ever think I've joined a sandbox baseball league where some loser doesn't stoop low enough to create 2 or 3 teams and starts trading unfairly amongst them, making 1 super team. Of course, the inactivity sucks too, and it's always fun to play with fellow bbs members.

#7 SteveFrancis3, Feb 19, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2002
  8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I would ask you consider a few things about me :

1) Look at my post count. I have no life.
    2) I have so little life, I'm now an op in chat.
    3) I drafted really poorly in fanatasy basketball, I'm easy pickin's!

and finally . . . .

4) I love you all, remember?

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

hey pued, good news

jalen roses fantasy value is about to skyrocket ;)

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Thats good enough to get my vote:D

11. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

uh.... I won't quit and uhhhh ...................... Ill try my best? Im not sure what the voters want from me, besides a pledge to be active.

12. fadeaway

All votes are in except for those of Summer Song Giver.

When SSG responds, I'll post the results. We may have a two or three-way tie (tiebreaker will be Kumite style combat ala <i>Bloodsport</i>).

<center>* if contestants are unavailable for deathmatch combat, a tiebreaker vote will have to suffice </center>

13. fadeaway

After voting, the following have been admitted to the baseball league:

- Peudlfor
    - DrewP
    - dc rock
    - SteveFrancis3
    - TheCat

We also have a tie between kidrock8 and Castor27 for the final spot. A tiebreaker vote is currently being held. If we're deadlocked after that, the winner will be selected by random draw.

14. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I appreciate the confidence and support you guys have in my expected incompetence . . .

Now, what do y'all think of Jose Lima as a sleeper pick ? ;)

I mean, he could turn it around, I'm sure Enron was the only reason for his 235.46 ERA last season.

15. Georock

Georock Member

Damn!, I couldn´t get in. Anyway, good luck everybody.

16. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I appreciate it. Hope to start soon!

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I must have some people worried if they were voting for KidRock over me.

CK

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

fadeaway, I deleted your message by accident, so I'll vote here:

Castor27

19. fadeaway

Still waiting for Ren's tiebreaker vote, but it doesn't matter. We already have a majority in favor of Castor27. Congrats, Castor.

So, here is the official complete league roster:

1. fadeaway
    2. BobFinn*
    3. Behad
    4. Ren
    5. Summer Song Giver
    6. PhiSlammaJamma
    7. DVauthrin
    8. chrisjent
    9. Peudlfor
    10. DrewP
    11. dc rock
    12. SteveFrancis3
    13. TheCat
    14. Castor27

What I need now is for Peud, Drew, dc rock, SF3 and Castor to either email me at jgillard@nf.sympatico.ca or post your email address here in this thread.

20. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

My real email still isn't working...so you can contact me at stevefrancis0003@yahoo.com