1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Upside Team..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javal_lon, Feb 21, 2011.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

After readin the numerous post about "upside",draft picks, assets...blah blah blah :( ....Ive done some research (please) and came up with what our beloved Rockets team would look like if yall managed the team...

PG: Lowry/Ish
    SG:T-Will/
    SF: Wallace/
    PF:Randolph/Patterson/
    C :Asik/Larry Sanders/Whiteside

this team would have a hard time beating the Globetrotters...Enough bricks to build our own Great Wall ...Dont expect yall to agree..But if you put away your Rockets owners manual , you would agree....Just trying to put those dreaded words "upside and assets" in perspective for some of yall....

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Please lock this up ASAP...

This is not what people refer to as trading for "upside". This is trading your best players for almost nothing and bringing up some bench players.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wish we had more upside posters.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

REEKO_HTOWN is Shane Battier -- probably as good as he's going to get with not much upside.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah...maybe last year. :grin:

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Wow this thread... :rolleyes:

7. brosef

brosef Member

this.

im going to kill myself.

8. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

Rockets send:

Brooks
    Lee
    Battier
    Budinger
    Hayes
    Hill
    Yao
    Scola
    Martin

Rockets recieve:

Wallace,
    Asik
    Randolph
    Sanders
    Whiteside

You should be permanently banned from making threads, like I was.

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This thread makes me wonder if the OP's other 494 comments are just as useless. Obviously we wouldn't trade for all of our players for only players with upside, there needs to be a balance, and right now we are on the other side of the spectrum as far as players with "upside" is concerned.

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

yeah I said it...Now what??...some of yall over analyze everything for the sole purpose of well....analyzng...Your NBA2k way of being a GM is entertaining but unrealistic...Upside is great when yo have a solid team in place...We need players now, not youngstas to wait 2-3 years to "flash their potentia"...Im merely statng the obvious..Just trying to give the blind sight...WWJD!!!...

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

you should keep posting so we can be banned together...

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

YEAH!

It's almost like this is some kind of forum for analyzing the Rockets. Just terrible.

:rolleyes:

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

that's foul. All bros will remain bros until proven unbro in the court of bro

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Better to over analyze than not analyze at all...

For some reason you think "upside" only means a bench warmer who has unrealized potential, but it doesn't. Cousins has upside. Sure, so does a guy like Whiteside, but Morey isn't looking for just the latter. He's looking for either and anything that falls in between. It also doesn't have to be a really young guy. Someone who's 25-27 and being "held back" because he's not given enough touches or time on his current team could still have some upside.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

point taken RV6...but how long before a person upside becomes "he is what he is"?...Too me like in Jordan Hill's case, his upside expired the minute P-Pat started gettin more minutes than him...But yeah buddy I knew you, DM, and Fyreball would come arunnin as soon as I posted...Yall keep me relevant...Yall kinda like my own lil Kardashian click...Everybody else that attempts to clown me means nothin, but yall gets much respect from me...

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You knew i'd come running? Keep you relevant? I don't think i even knew you existed before this thread. I have no history with you here.

Everyone becomes "he is what he is" at some point, but it's not the same for everyone. You've got to try and get more "sure things", but that goes without saying. Remember we didn't go strictly after Jordan, he was basically a throw in to get Martin. It's not like we gave up Landry straight up for Jordan because we hoped jordan would become something better.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Real trade take analysis.

In NBA2k you don't analyze trades, because silly one work.

You get upside players when you are rebuilding, not on a solid team.

The Rockets as currently constructed are NOT a solid team.

We have a lot of "now" players, and no "prospects with upside" to get entice other teams to give us players to make us better.

Sounds more like the blind trying to lead the blind...

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

well well well..another one ........see you just want to rebuff everythang huh?...Im blinded by realism...I'm not an optimist sir/madam/or whatever...I speak the truf mane

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I agree with OP, people are too caught up with upsides here on the forum

for example, apparently according to some posters on CF, we should fire adelman because TWill has so much upsides to be the next Lebron James..