1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Aeros

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hicklander, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Anyone ever go to the games? I love it .. Very cheap compared to Rox or NHL games. 2 row about 35 a seat and you can get on lower bowl for about $15. Extremely active fans as opposed to the Rox games. No suits here. Go see them sometime.

2. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember going to see them as a kid. Awesome time, great atmosphere back then...good to hear it's still the same.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

To get the best hockey experience, Houston needs to get an NHL team. Not sure how many people would go to watch though.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

do you work for them?

seems like a shill post.

I've been to two hockey games in my life. I went two times last season. I think they average like 6,000.

The closest i sat was behind the glass. Like two rows. It was pretty awesome. Too bad we lost that game. It was game 6 of the Cup Finals. Thank you the people who hooked it up and brought me down to the glass.

5. Hicklander

Naw don't work for them. I'm going tonight for the game and was thinking damn I don't understand why more people don't go..

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I've been maybe twice in my life, once being back in December and January, but it was fun. I definitely could see myself getting into hockey over soccer. I think the smaller playing surface and faster pace (despite the same amount of scoring) make it more exciting for me. I really got into it the last Winter Olympics. But, with the Rockets and Astros and Texans and now Skeeters, there's other games I'd go to first.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'd love to get an NHL team.

8. Hicklander

9. JunkyardDwg

Ha...they may suck but nothing to me, nothing beats a ballpark hot dog at a baseball game.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[Wrong Forum] Other Sports

I'd like to take the family to one soon. I know a bit about the rules, but that doesn't mean I can't watch them. I know a lot of yous here on the BBS don't understand a lot of Football (soccer) rules, but still watch it. :eek:
    You have 82 chances to get that in the MLB. You only have 8 chances to get that in the NFL.

11. body slam

body slam Member

We go to a game every now and then. It's fun, fast paste, and reasonably priced. I think the big problem is its some thing here in the Houston area we did not grow up with or played as a kid.

side note I think they have a awesome logo

12. Poloshirtbandit

I got a groupon for four games this season, went to quite a few last season as well. I don't follow hockey much, but the games are a lot of fun.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Do they still do guaranteed fight night?

14. JunkyardDwg

Eh, football games are expensive and the presentation kind of sucks. I'd much rather watch from home or at a bar, where I get better view than the nosebleeds.

As for soccer, I'm not a big fan, but I will say I definitely want to check out a game at BBVA Compass Stadium this season...if I can get tickets.