1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McDonalds All Americans

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by yipengzhao, Apr 4, 2004.

1. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Since I can't sleep I watched the re-run of the McDonald's all American game. I have never seen any of the players play before, but here are my comments, what do you guys think about they're pro prospects.

Dwight Howard -- on some plays he reminds me of Tim Duncan. The announcers compared him to David Robinson. But on another play he reminded me of Eddie Griffin for some reason. In any case... I'd rather have Okafor.

Telafair -- had a bunch of assists but the handles didn't really wow me or anything... maybe this game wasn't the best indicator of his play. also not much of a scorer. i hope he goes to college instead of playing a year and then dropping out of the NBA.

JR Smith -- interesting. Huge dunks + tons of threes. That's pretty intriguing.

Josh Smith -- WOW HUGE DUNKS. Compared to Dominique Wilkins. Definitely has the athleticism for the NBA.

The east got beasted and none of their players really stood out. But...

Farmar -- the only guy that played defense, he must have had 27 steals or something. Good passer. Maybe he will be good one day.

Glen Davis -- BRUISER... tractor traylor type.

2. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Dwight Howard today is much better than Griffin ever was.

Griffin has never been able to dribble the ball, Howard can do that as well as most guards.

Howard is also a relentless board man, and has a post-up game. The only thing EG has posted in his life is bail.

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

:D did you come up with that one? hahaha.

4. tozai

tozai Member

I liked the kid going to UConn...Gay.
    J.R. Smith has all the skills, don't know how well he plays with other talent though. He did alright in the global game.
    Haven't seen anything from Dwight Howard other than dunks. Yeah he can dribble better than Eddie, but just about anyone can. I don't think he could take more than 2 dribbles before risking a turnover.
    Telfair will be good eventually. He shouldn't, but probably will go to the NBA, struggle for a few years, then be starting for someone.
    Howard looked like a solid prospect in the global games.

5. J-Baller

J-Baller Member

You guys should watch DeMarcus Nelson that dude is tyte. He also from my hometown Vallejo

6. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

I saw the Atlanta Celtics play last year (Josh Smith, Howard, Randolph Morris) and Josh Smith looked the best of the 3. Not to say the other 2 are chumps.

Smith has the all-around offensive game that will pretty much guarantee him to be a 20ppg guy. I like him out of HS more than Carmelo.