1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/4/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Brad Miller goes off for 28 points on 9-9 shooting, 4-4 threes. Rockets win 105-96.

3. highstep

highstep Member

We got this. Let's see if Brad can make it splash against his old team. K-Low will have his hands full with Rose, hopefully Lowry can make him accountable on the defensive end. Rockets win 115-105.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

both teams on a back to back and the Bulls have Boozer back will be a big test for the rockets to see if they can keep this momentum going from the huge victory against the Lakers.

the Bulls have looked a bit "shaky" since Boozer returned but they are still a very tough team

5. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

It's gonna be raining b****es tonight. Rockets win 103-98

6. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

revange would be sweet

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

if we win this game the rest of the month looks pretty easy cept for heats and okc

8. sefril

sefril Member

we never lose twice to the same team this season, right?

so, lets beat them!!

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Boozer vs. Scola will be a nice match up. I could see Miller lighting up his former team... Hope Lowry has enough in the tank to stay with Rose.

10. RX2012

RX2012 Member

It's all about the 1st quarter TONIGHT in Chicago!!

I think if the Rockets come out the gates and play some good basketball offensively like they did against Memphis...it should be enough to put they're stamp on staying in the game and giving us a higher chance to win.

To me it's all about the 1st quarter execution
    ...will the Rockets play with confidence to slow down the will of the Bulls...who beat us on our courts several days ago.

My second key is: PLAYING DOWN THE 6-0 RUN

The bulls will find momentum at some point of the game by going on a small run...from there, it's up to the Rockets to not let this bump in the road dictate their shooting prowess and give up easy baskets in the paint.

Not sure if this is supposed to be in the Game thread instead but I thought making a thread emphasizing some details on how the Rockets can get it done tonight in Chicago would be a good way for us to zero in on a winning attitude.

If we win tonight, we'll be turning heads as one of the HOT TEAMS in the NBA. Yeah i said it..hot team. I know the label of a "3 game winning streak" isn't going to keep the critical tightwads from making smart remarks about the length of the streak, but it's not about the winning streak that you see on paper...it's about the confidence the Rockets will acquire by getting used to winning. Therein, turning us into a playoff team that NO ONE WANTS TO SEE.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This should be locker room material. From The Sports Network:

"Even with Carlos Boozer in the lineup, the Chicago Bulls were no match for the top dogs of the Eastern Conference. A visit from one of the afterthoughts out West could be just what the doctor ordered, however, as Boozer and the Bulls entertain the Houston Rockets at the United Center."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/04/1957087/houston-rockets-7-12-at-chicago.html

I would so love to see the Rocks keep it going, especially against the Bulls. It'll be a tough matchup and on a back-to-back, which might be tough on our older players, like Miller and Scola. Would love to see Luis "wake up" for this game. He's been in a bit of a slump. Maybe it's a late affect of his work in the summer, or maybe he's got some aches and pains we haven't heard about (wouldn't surprise me... he'd never say anything), but what has stood out to me the last few games is the fall off with his rebounding. He's been money on the defensive boards this season (and last season), but not lately.

Keep your fingers crossed. We need another win!

12. PeppermintCandy

I could see Hayes matching up defensively vs. Boozer, leaving Scola to defend Noah. Intresting matchup either way.

13. k-money

k-money Member

not feeling so good about tonight.. i say we loose tight game.

14. k-money

k-money Member

gotta agree with you...

15. ezzie

ezzie Member

rockets havent lost to the same team twice, 3 game win streak! :grin:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think this is almost a must win game, they have to keep climbing up the charts, and can not afford to lose momentum.

For some reason, I think Cbud will break out tonight....maybe it is my bunions...but I think he is due.

DD

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Bulls havent been that great with Boozer back, but Boozer loves playing the Rockets (hopefully not anymore, since hes not with the Jazz)

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Derrick Rose has killed us in the 4th quarters many a time. How we defend him late in a close game will be key.

19. theimpossibles1

We definitely need to come out hot, but you can't just focus all your energy into one quarter. We are gonna have to put together 4 solid quarters to beat the Bulls, or any other good team for that matter.

20. rox81

rox81 Member

Hot early start means nothing at Chicago. Remember '09, when the Bulls were below .500 and we blew a 17-point lead with 3 minutes remaining? Unconscionable.

Our hot start meant nothing that night, and we were a 53-win team playing a sub-.500 team; we wasted a night when Ron Artest actually shot well from the field.

Hot finish, baby. Or better yet: start hot and stay hot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.