1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Police officer fired for having police car washed by bikini girls

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Sep 26, 2010.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

MONCKS CORNER -- A Berkeley County sheriff’s deputy will not be disciplined for participating in a bikini car wash for charity on her own time, the sheriff’s office announced.

But a Moncks Corner police officer was out of a job Tuesday after photos showed him having his police car washed at the event.

The deputy, whose name has not been released, was not on duty and did not use or display sheriff’s office resources during the event.

“She was involved in the event as a private citizen and did not violate the law, BCSO or county’s policies,” the statement says.

The sheriff's office received an anonymous tip about the deputy's participation in the charity event, called the “t*** n Tats” car wash, held at The Rockstar Tattoo Studio on Redbank Road.

Moncks Corner Police Chief Chad Caldwell would not identify the officer. He also would not say if the officer was fired or asked to resign, saying that it was a personnel matter and he was forbidden by law from discussing it.

Caldwell did acknowledge, however, that the officer was no longer with the department.

“I think he took his personal car there first and then he went in his police car,” Caldwell said. “I don’t think he was trying to be malicious. I think he used completely poor judgment.”

Rockstar Studio promoted the car wash on its Facebook page, saying it would feature bikini-clad employees from Diamonds North night club in North Charleston. Josh Badgett, owner of the tattoo studio, said Wednesday that only one of the women was a dancer. He said the others included a bartender, his wife, and other regular clients of the tattoo parlor. He said the deputy is a regular client. Badgett said other officers and firefighters attended the event in the past.

Moncks Corner officers are provided with take-home cruisers, but the department has policies governing their use, Caldwell said. Allowing bikini-clad women to be photographed next to a take-home cruiser is a violation of those policies, he said.

“It reflects badly not only on the police department,” Caldwell said. “It reflects badly on the town.”

Badgett said the purpose of the annual function is to raise money for various charities, including the Shriners Hospital in Georgia. He said the reaction was excessive.

“The girls were washing cars. There was nothing illegal,” Badgett said. “I don’t understand why people are making such a big deal out of it. If Girl Scouts were out there washing cars, would there be a problem?”

Image possibly NSFW in some workplaces :).

[​IMG]

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am always concerned when someone is sanctioned for something
    they did . . . on their own time.
    Esp if it does not break any laws and is not an abuse of position.

Why is it ok to get paid to DRESS IN YOUR UNIFORM and work the door
    at a club or direct traffic for a business. . but this is wrong?

Rocket River

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Firing him seems harsh...wouldn't reprimanding him have been enough?

(Not a free speech issue, though. ;))

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i would reprimand him for not finding hotter girls. there's just no excuse for the lack of pulchritude on display in that pic.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

There's a zombie on the left..

6. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't get it. Was he fired because he was a radical Islamist? Was he fired by radical Islamists?

ATW started this thread, right? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

what's wrong with that?

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Now who is the prejudiced one? :p

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

"...an anonymous tip..."

Nobody likes rats. I hope they find out who the dude(tte) is. What a major **** blocker.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

This is actually a pretty funny story, it's just the first time I can remember you posting in the D&D about something other than your favorite topic.

11. trustme

trustme Member

So was this deputy a male or female? Can't tell from the article. Sometimes it uses he and sometimes it uses she.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The male is the police officer that got fired (the one with the car), the female is the deputy that did not get fired (one of the girls in the picture).

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

NSFW?

wtf. more like NSFK.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

what sort of nonsense is this? neither of them should have been fired if both were participating in off hours

15. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Grenades..

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Which one of those females (zombie excluded) is the cop?

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

One of them used police property in a manner that was against policy. I'm not sure it was a fireable offense, but he certainly deserved punishment. I'm sure the police loved seeing one of their squad cars being soaped up by tatted up strippers in bikinis. I'm sure that's the kind of image they want to portray to the public.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can we not just applaud a police department trying to scrub its image, without all of us getting worked into a lather?

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

Thats a weak reason for firing someone.