1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

good restaurant in Irving (DFW)?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by basso, Sep 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like i'll be spending a few days in Irving. any thoughts about where's a good place to take a group of business associates out for dinner in the area?

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Hooters?

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You can go to the Saltgrass at Hwy 114 & Main near DFW airport. It ain't bad.

4. basso

Supporting Member

this the place?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes.

If a vendor or customer in Grapevine, Irving or somewhere else nearby takes you out to dinner, there is a very good chance they will choose this place. (Unfortunately ;) ) I go up to the DFW area on a regular basis to call on customers.

6. basso

Supporting Member

yeah, i was going to treat, so looking for something a little nicer, but it'll do. thanks for the tip!

7. Vivid

Vivid Member

If you are looking for nicer, you might try Dallas as oppose to Irving. The French Room off of Commerce is a nice little restaurant, and their veal medallions are fantastic.

8. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Basso - I work 5 min from DFW airport. Here's my recommendations. There is a "Cool River" in Las Colinas (essentially North Irving) that is fairly popular and its not as much of a chain as Saltgrass..about 6 min northwest of DFW. For Tex-Mex, there is "Esparzas" in Grapevine..a very popular place in an old house, just off a very quaint Main Street and about 5min North. For BBQ, Main Street BBQ in Euless is easily one of the best in DFW..maybe 5 minutes from the DFW. A very very popular place in Ft. Worth is Joe T. Garcia's...gorgeous place..outside eating in a beautiful garden with lots of water features - its near the stockyards, so a bit of a drive from DFW 20-25min..but worth the drive. The Tex-Mex Food is good. but the best Tex Mex..I believe is at La Familia in the cultural district of Ft. Worth..just off 7th street.

1 person likes this.
  9. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

10. basso

Supporting Member

fabulous, thanks! where do you work? my meetings are "5 minutes from DFW..."

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joe Ts is a definitive if you want mexican food and a great atmostphere.

But you should know
    1) they take cash only.
    2) dont let the long line scare you. It moves fast. Plus you can have a margarita while you wait.
    3) their menu is extremely limited, but delicious.

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Daystar Television Network - HWY 121 & Cheek Sparger/Mid-Cities Blvd. We're just to the west of DFW airport on the corner of the cities of Bedford/Euless/Colleyville

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cool River on MacArthur Blvd. if you want to watch overpriced bimbos trying to get picked up by boneheads trying to impress. It's like the Wild Kingdom of humans there sometimes - a meat market. :grin:

If you head out to the 114/121/DFW area there are a lot of restaurants there. If you're a baller, you can head over to Grapevine, Tx and check out Bob's Steak and Chop House.

Also in the Grapevine area is a pretty good churrascaria I've been wanting to try for a while, Boi Na Braza that sometimes gets voted higher than Fogo. I think they're only open for dinner and you should expect to pay around $50 per person before drinks and tips.

If you just want a standard, decent steak, Saltgrass should do.

It really depends on your budget and what you want to eat. If you're near MacArthur and LBJ, just go down MacArthur and you'll see a variety of restaurants.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Are you talking about North Main BBQ? With the armadillo smoker out front? Home of the all-you-can-eat BBQ (aka, deathwish)? They sometimes have pretty good bbq, but it's hit or miss the times I've gone. Also make sure whoever you're taking isn't too uppity to eat in a "family style", bench seating, serve-yourself establishment. lol. I'd never eat with clowns that wouldn't eat at a place like that. ;) Just a warning, though.

15. threedigithomy

Salt Grass is pretty good, there is also Razzos, Boston Pizza and etc right there near market place. There is a nice Thai place called Blu Ginger near MacArthur and Royal. There is ifratelli near MacArthur and Las Colinas that makes great pizza.

If you want good texas style BBQ head out to Hard Eight in Coppell, about 10 minutes from Las Colinas.
    http://www.hardeightbbq.com/WIP/?page_id=7

16. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

BONE DADDY'S !

17. basso

Supporting Member

ah, not ours- so, trip just fell through, so will have to wait until next month.

i'm oddly hungry tho...

18. basso

Supporting Member

anybody been to a place called Cool River? looks like they have a decent wine list.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dr of Dunk mentioned it earlier in the thread.
    I haven't been there in like 3 years but when I was the steaks were decent and the wine was fine. It's no better than Bobs Steak and chop house in my view but some may disagree.
    Good place though and if you're in Irving then it's real convenient.
    Also try Mi Cocina down on MacArthur blvd if you're so inclined. Not bad Tex-Mex, plus it's in Irving so you don't have to go out of your way to find Tex Mex.
    Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell is not bad either.
    Dr of Dunk-thanks for the Boi na Braza info. Will have to check it out.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If you like cajun food then go to Addison just north of Irving and go to Nate's Seafood.

If you want some unique gourmet and you can get downtown try Tucks (this place is highly recommended if you have a date).