1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

sunday bloody sunday...good news!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jan 28, 2007.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

BTW, take away the low-tech improvised explosives, and religious strife,...and even the modern era democrats might drop this "losing" thing...

I just hope this means better momentum to not "cut and wrong", to not necessarily embrace this as Bush's thing, but to realize the big picture and understand the Iraqi military is getting stronger and showing it,...and that with better direction success is there...It is worthwhile. part 1 of this 2 part process was the easy part. Part 2 now involves better leadership and we are starting to get that.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, if every Iraqi wanted the US to succed in Iraq we would probably succed. Also, if I crapped double cheeseburgers I would never go hungry.

Unfortunately reality intervenes. Remove all the insurgents and bombs and people in Iraq, and we will succede. I think what most people have come to realize is that the neverending stream of religous strife and low (and high) tech explosives will never stop without some sort of ethnic clensing. In order to save the country we have to destroy the country.

Tell us something we don't know.

3. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

yeah thas really great news :rolleyes:

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

U.N. officials can drop dead...

5. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I generally don't agree with you ROXRAN, but I have to say that it is a VERY GOOD thing that the Iraqi force can flex some muscle against the insurgents. I hope they can keep up with the momentum.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Don't read too much into this. It was a successful operation, and that's good. But the amount of bad news out of Iraq recently is overwhelming. I hope the tide turns and Iraqi forces are able to assume their rightful load of fighting the insurgencies while our forces are able to pull back and dial down. But this is very wishful thinking.

Regardless, you still have that pathetic, incompetent, divided and hopeless Iraqi government in charge. The solution in Iraq is not all about winning major battles and skirmishes against insurgents. If a miracle doesn't occur that leads to a viable government, most everything will be lost anyway. We must hold our noses and bring Iran & Syria (with the Saudis) into the equation and have meaningful negotiations on Iraq's future.

7. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

fixed it for you

...againt a sunni stronghold.