1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Dwight Howard's rehab

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 25, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

When we signed Dwight, I thought he had room to improve his balance, coordination, agility, etc.. This is the kind of corrective work I was hoping for and not just the 'ol bench press and pull ups. I'm not sure how far they have progressed, but I'm going to cross my fingers and hope there's been significant improvement we can see. I hate all of the talk, as much as the next person, but he really needed to work on his hips/legs and break movements down to get to that next step. Assuming he really has no structural damage to his knee and he just needed to heal, we could get back more Spiderman than Superman,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;This is about me recovering and getting to that place where once I step out onto the floor it's like I never left.&quot;
    <a href="https://t.co/BfTiNh6CsG">https://t.co/BfTiNh6CsG</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/580846356215918594">March 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In case anyone is wondering what he's doing on that Y, early in the video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MdypNR9Hx9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 RV6, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ready to have the big guy back.

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Need him!

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Miss that fool. Anyone else got the chills just seein the video? Honestly feels like I haven't seen Dwight in ages.

On a side note... Dwight's legs are soooo small compared to his upper body. Do they never get bigger?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His lower leg or upper leg? Hard to tell upper leg size from the video, so if you mean lower leg, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Bodybuilders make huge calf muscles look cool, but from a performance standpoint, it doesn't mean much. The bigger/stronger muscles are/should be closer to his core.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nice! Thanks for the video.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hope he has a decent showing tonight. No doubt he's going to be extremely rusty.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'd wager he has some pretty serious quads and hamstrings to generate the power it takes to get 265lb that high.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He actually doesn't, from what I remember seeing in a picture last year. That could be why his back took so much punishment. But I'm guessing he should have gained some size, now that he's concentrating on legs.

I think Dwight was probably guilty of using his calf muscles more than he should to jump. That's probably why they said he had weakness in his hips/hamstrings. It may also explain the kinesio tape he's wearing in the video. That can really screw with your balance and movement because you'll start to lean/shift forward on your toes.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I thought his upper body seemed leaner compared to last year. Did anyone else notice the same thing?

Did they ask him to lose some weight?

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Wow, Rockets' equipment is cuttting-edge. That alter-G treadmill. Y balance test

Jason Biles just got his PhD, right? So he's the one who's the expert in all these nw technologies. Keith Jones is the old-school guy.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Feigen said they bought some very expensive equipment just for Dwight's rehab, although I'm not sure what, specifically.