1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This week's South Park

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Molotov Cocktail, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

Just saw the teaser trailer for this week's episode, looks like it involves Family Guy somehow. I wonder if it will be similar to the "Simpsons Did It" episode from a few years ago. Should be interesting...

2. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

the website promo - Kyle loves "Family Guy" and hates Cartman. The two boys embark upon a mad chase across the country and the fate of "Family Guy" lies with the first boy to reach Hollywood in all new episode of "South Park" titled "Cartoon Wars,"

it should be good, the first 2 have been excellent. although, i was hoping they'd do a return of the goobacks episode since all of this immigration talk has been going on for a couple of weeks.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

link to the trailer, anyone?

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

They havent put it out yet, well not on SouthParkStudios.com... YouTube might have it :confused:

5. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

6. rodrick_98

[​IMG]

don't foget, new ep tonight.

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

BWAHAHAHA This is gonna be good. :cool:

8. famicom

famicom Member

I saw last night's episode (11:30PM on UPN?) and it was when Butter's was kicked out of the group and became Professor Chaotic...so I think tonight's episode might show the "Simpsons Did It" Episode :D

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Anybody watching? They've pretty muched hit the nail on the head regarding FG. LMAO

10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I saw it too, it was on the WB channel 39 here in Houston. I've never watched South Park so I'm not sure who it was but one of them kept saying, "get the f**k out of here!" I couldn't believe they were airing that on regular TV.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Omg, i can't believe they are already attacking Family Guy. Damn work :( will catch the torrent when I get home. :)

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

They only really bashed them for a couple of minutes, most of the episode dealt with the Muhammad cartoon controversy.

The funny thing was that Parker and Stone actually wrote better Family Guy "jokes" than MacFarlane.

13. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i like south park alot, but that was really pretentious. and not as funny as their past stuff. i dont know what theyre setting up for, but having a two parter, with the first one setting up the controversy to get people talking about the second one, was lame. it's not like they haven't gotten enough press lately.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I missed the second half of it, but what I caught was hilarious! :D

It's genius how they worked a plot that was taking a stab at the criticism they recieved from their scientology episode (see - Isaac Hayes), and how they poked fun at themselves for having Jesus as a character, and having Jew jokes. Brilliant!

15. rodrick_98

dude, that was awesome. i'm glad others find the comedic genious in these eps.... you gotta love the last few questions, the drama was intense!

"will family guy be destroyed?"..."will television execs fight for free speech?"...

"or will comedy central puss out?"

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

caught the last ten minutes of the replay.

17. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

south park is my favorite tv show (along with nip/tuck, da ali g show and the office) but this episode was not funny...smart but not funny.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Time to put this series out to pasture..

Last couple of seasons was a nice rebirth, but they're starting to show their age again.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I completely disagree. In fact, I think the show is getting better and better. I heard someone say it before, and I agree, "South Park is one of the only television shows that seems to get better and better with age."

The fact that they turn out these brilliantly satirical episodes on a consistent basis is just awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a show be obscene, childish, extremely intellectual, and brilliant all in one. It's without a doubt one of the best few shows on TV right now.

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

im sorry... i've been avoiding commenting on the "South park is 'smart' comedy" opinion that has been given out
    in abundance here..... but, .. "extremely intellectual"??

good lord... :rolleyes: