1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I've seen enough, trade Howard for Gordon.

Then Harden for LaVine.

No but I'd actually trade Howard for Gordon at this point.

2. dmoneybangbang

Going to have to pay DMo, whatever that maybe. However, letting Lawson and Howard walk would free up ~40 mil before accounting for DMo. That's also including Ariza and Brewer.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol and ban those 2 from any strip clubs and women with baby mamma potential

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't doubt he won't get multiple max offer and that he isn't highly considering LA (and NY probably) but I was just saying Houstons a big city, + Harden + a max might get his interest as well.

5. malakas

malakas Member

AG is an amazing defender, but he currently can only play the 3 and has way to go in offence. The problem the Magic have is that he can't play the 4 defensively.
    AG and Hezonja currently are their franchise cornerstones so they aren't available.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lavine is probably unavailble either, that guy just scored 30 pts in the Rising Stars challenge and voted MVP

7. malakas

malakas Member

he is more available than Gordon. Wait for next year- and next years draft, and to see who the new Minny majority owner and GM and coach is to know better.
    Right now Mitchell loves him. Their fans hate him.
    Lavine is a bad player. Does not defend, takes bad shots, has low bball iq can't play pg because he has no idea at all even in the slightest how to run an nba offence.
    AG is a much better player. His defence is game changing. (even though he has short wingspan). But he has to learn to shoot, develop some more some spin moves he does and hopefully in the future he will able to move up to pf. (for the good of the team).

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Heard through some people that Jason Terry wants to be released.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If true...can't blame him.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We should do him a solid and trade him to Dallas for Jenkins or Charlie V.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pretty sure Cyber said months ago that he wanted to be released & they intended to do it until Jarrett Jack got hurt and that deal fell through. I say let him go on back to the Mavs and be with his family.

12. dwhite

dwhite Member

Time to clean house....trade Terry for Dallas 2nd round pick, trade Howard for anyone who can hit free throws and a 1st round late pick, and for heavens sake fire that awful coach we have!!!

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

What??? Why would Wolves fans hate him? They're stupid if they hate a guy with his potential at his age.

He's not a point guard first of all. Second of all he's not a point guard. Third, he's not a point guard.

4th, he's not a point guard.

He has a great frame and has improved as a shooter. He is great on the break, and has the capability to become a above average defender with the right coaching. That's a team that already has Rubio, Wiggins, and Towns ad good defenders.

Why would Lavine need to be point??? They have Rubio?? He's a shooting guard, that has been put in the role of point guard to help develop him more.

Foolish to think that the Wolves would trade away Lavine already. 2 seasons in. A 20 year old who already has amazing athleticism and has so much room to grow. I'm not comparing him to Gordon. I don't know who I would take from those two, but Lavine is absolutely worth keeping if you're a young team like the Wolves.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes. But might depend on what we get back draft pick wise for blowing things up. Their combined salaries (or cap hold for DMo) would be just under 26mill. Assuming a 30mill max (less for some) and a 90 mill cap we could just afford 2 (incomplete roster charge would take 26 to 30, having a 1st rd pick would mean maybe not 2x 30mill players)

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There is a lot of sizeable expirings this season on the market, I'm sure we could clear house pretty easily without taking much if any future salary back.

So lets say we trade Brewer and KJ and get no salary return.

Trade or simply let expire - Howard, Lawson, Jones, Thornton, Smith, Terry

We would be left with

Harden, Ariza, Beverley, Motie's cap hold, Dekker, Capela and Harrell

They are equivalent to about 41 million in salary, add 3 mill for roster cap holds and we have 44 mill in salary

That would leave 45 million in cap space for the Rockets next season, enough to offer 2 players like (Barnes, Beal Whiteside), max contracts.

Its 5 mill short of being able to offer two 25 million dollar max's which is the following players max's (Durants, DeRozan, Horford, Conley, Batum, Anderson). But it is possible to offer one 20 mill max and one 25 mill max.

Its 10 million short of being able to offer Howard his max, and being able to give a 25 mill max. And 5 mill short of being able to offer Howard his max and giving a 20 mill max.

But we can still trade a combo of Bev - 6 mill, Ariza - 8 mill to clear even more cap, or simply renounce Dmo's cap hold which is a little under 6 mill

Its also possible two 25 mill max contacts, as well as one 20 mill max, if we clear out everybody except Harden, Capela, Harrell

Which really isn't that hard since Beverley, Ariza, Dekker, KJ are all on super friendly contracts and will be really easy to move. Especially in the off season since so many teams will have cap space and will be reluctant to overpay in free agency. The only player hard to move will be Brewer, but surely we can find a home with him if we attach picks (which we should be getting PLENTY of if blow up our roster for cap space + picks)

So long story short, we have a tonnnnnnnn of #flexebility this summer and could easily clear room to create a cool superteam around Harden, Capela and Harrell depending on if we can convince some free agents to re-sign.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

My boy just texted me and said "Ty Lawson looks very wasted in the club here in Miami. Is he still with the rockets?"

makes no diff, he doesn't really do anything for the team.

17. Mr Chuck Norris

Which one, I'm bored.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Bulls aren't resigning Pau and he doesn't really want to stay in Chicago.

19. Swishh

Swishh Member

lol wow

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

This time for sure we can say it wasn't Harden... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.