1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Salmons to Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by W22_STREAK, Feb 17, 2010.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Man, I had this inner inate feeling that the Bucks would be the one hot on the trail of John Salmons trade yesterday, and whoa I can't believe its coming a reality right in front of me! 6th sense much???????????????

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS -- A league source tells TNT's David Aldridge that the Chicago Bulls are close to a deal to send swingman John Salmons to the Milwaukee Bucks for forward Kurt Thomas and center Francisco Elson.

The move would bring back two expiring contracts to the Bulls in exchange for Salmons, who has one year (a player option) remaining, at more than $5 million. This would allow the Bulls to pursue a max-level free agent this summer, the team's goal throughout this season.

The Bucks would get a starter in Salmons at small forward for the rest of this season and next, without sacrificing cap room for the summer of 2011, when the Bucks plan to be active in free agency.

Trading Salmons alone also signals Chicago is likely out of the running for Houston's Tracy McGrady, as Salmons was supposed to be part of that deal.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Ha, Kurt Thomas is playing right now....

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Or - removes a stumbling block from putative McG deal.

As - Knixies trades might be a positioning to allow Walsh to 'cave' to DM the GM's demands and still placate Hoops Mensa Dolan.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

WOW, one after one, wonder when we gonna trade T-mac.

5. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Patience my friend Patience.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

#chadfordinsider

Bulls trade Salmon to clear more room for LeBron, Wade or Bosh

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i guess we can thank the bucks for this, they really just wanted to get rid of salmons, houston wouldnt take him as part of the deal, they found someone who would take him alone...